Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Firefly/Serenity TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Apr 20, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

Firefly was an American sci-fi/western television show that aired on FOX in 2002 for 2 months before being cancelled. 14 episodes were produced, only 11 were aired.
    After strong DVD sales and fan campaigning, a feature film was produced in 2005 titled Serenity, wrapping up some plot points/storylines from the show.

2. AndrewSoup

honestly, i really love the production values+sound editing/mixing of Serenity.
    and one of the biggest tragedies of the show is we never got to see how they would've introduced Mr Universe had it gone on for more seasons

3. I saw Serenity years before I had even heard of Firefly. I think I just rented it because I liked the cover, and I ended up loving the movie. I didn't get into Firefly until college, and it was quite a pleasant surprise to rediscover that world and all of those characters.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  4. AndrewSoup

i think i may have seen Serenity before Firefly, i don't remember
    i know i first watched Firefly on my aunt's Netflix account. I probably first heard about the series because of @Anna Acosta at some point

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Signs are pointing towards Castle entering its last season. THE TIME IS RIPE.

6. AndrewSoup

hahaha, honestly i have no interest in seeing a revival of Firefly. which may be treasonous in the Browncoat community. the actors have all moved on (& aged) and i really just don't think it's a good idea to try to pick up and continue that story at this pint

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I've grown perfectly content with what we have but I wouldn't say no to another movie or something.

8. AndrewSoup

they should do a "Next Generation" type scenario where we pick up some years after the events of Serenity with new characters who slowly meet/find/run into the old crew or something along those lines, cuz there's honestly so much i'd wanna get into in that universe

Tim likes this.
  9. I could get behind this.

10. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

As long as they would not eventually follow through with the storyline Whedon had originally planned for Inara then I would be cool with more. I always thought there was going to be another movie but it never happened.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  11. Top three show of all time for me (along with Boy Meets World and Scrubs).

Here's my desk at work.

[​IMG]

SpyKi and AndrewSoup like this.
  12. AndrewSoup

if you're talking about what i think you're talking about, yeah. that was..... gross.

Nyquist likes this.
  13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Hah, I use the same Firewatch wallpaper.

scott likes this.
  14. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I believe we are on the same page, yes. Gross is accurate.

15. AndrewSoup

seriously, seeing it all condensed into a graphic novel just isn't the same as seeing it hinted at and slowly revealed in the show to us, along with the other characters finding out at the same time

scott likes this.
  16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Love this show and Serenity.

scott likes this.
  17. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Shepherds backstory is quite cool! I read up on it years ago on Wikipedia

18. AndrewSoup

Chiwetel Ejiofor was so amazing in Serenity. One of the best antagonists period, Marvel needs to get it together

19. AndrewSoup

i spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about how perfect this cast was

also, i can't rewatch the few episodes without thinking about the criticism i've heard from many people; that in this universe in which the US and China merged governments to form the Alliance, there's really NO Asian characters. like, i know it only had a dozen episodes but still.

20. Eva89

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, i'll never forgive Joss for what he did to Wash!

21. AndrewSoup

FOX WAS THE REAL KILLER

Erwin89 likes this.
  22. Eva89

Trusted Supporter

AndrewSoup likes this.
  23. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

This thread is a leaf on the wind watch it soar

AndrewSoup likes this.
  24. AndrewSoup