Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Firefly Music Festival 2022 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by David87, Feb 18, 2022.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Firefly just posted a little 15 second video of footage from last year, with the intro piano of “Black Parade” playing :eyes:

manoverboard365 likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Lineup is coming this week. MCR headlining already makes me optimistic for this. I'm gonna predict a top line of The Weeknd - My Chemical Romance - Halsey

3. Cmoney86

Trusted

FMNUj-pXMAQdz_S.jpg

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

cannot wait. lineup is insane this year. gonna get tickets asap.

5. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

ATL on line 5? have they fallen that far?

Mallrat would be fun too, with Willow. Charli XCX and Bleachers should join for the others songs (per Hamster Car commercial a few years back)

How fun!

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Hahahahaha my buddy goes to this every year and I always make fun of him cause I thought the lineups were terrible.

So I texted him this and said "wow what a great lineup" to immediately get "fuck this. Def not going"

(*hint hes not into pop punk stuff)

Tifoil likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

man totally missed Wolf Alice AND Mannequin Pussy on my first glance at this lineup. cannot wait for this.

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

now seeing MCR twice in a week is the best possible end to the 2-year delay saga.

9. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Thinking of getting a pair of Friday tickets instead of MCR tour pit tickets. More than half the price of the MCR ones, and looking at the 2021 schedule it looks like the headliners get an hour and a half set, so that’s awesome. Plus Weezer, Avril, Grayscale, and a couple others that day that hopefully won’t conflict too bad. Seems like a no brainer.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

7DieLBH0DBNONbU8zqzmkj5cTIEL8pLnKwTEOvlN.png

man i cannot wait. buying tickets either tonight or tomorrow.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Set times have been released, on the website and on social media.

12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Grayscale after midnight is….a choice. Odd.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Pretty conflict free for me. If I were going:

Thursday: Mannequin Pussy - Willow - Halsey
    Friday: Cold War Kids - Avril Lavigne - Weezer - Indigo de Souza - My Chemical Romance
    Saturday: Pale Waves - Wolf Alice - Bleachers - Haim - Green Day
    Sunday: Manchester Orchestra - Charli XCX - Dua Lipa

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I have to leave by midday Sunday so im a little bummed to be missing Manchester and Dua but this will be a dope weekend.

15. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Did Chloe Moriando drop off of Friday? Don’t see her on the schedule and she’s not in the artist section anymore. Bummer.

16. OneWing

Regular

Yes, Chloe had to drop unfortunately.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

18. manoverboard365

Trusted

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

although i kinda get it - i don't think the jump to September was ideal, and there was no way they could have pivoted to a June date in 2022 after a September date in 2021. I personally preferred September because I'd rather be chilly than hot AF, but I know I was surprisingly in the big minority with that opinion, lotta folks missed the summer.

i also found myself and maaaany others very underwhelmed this year, a lot of the offerings outside of the music felt like they cut back substantially. it didnt feel bare bones but, it felt like they scrimped and saved where they could.

i will be looking forward to whenever they come back

manoverboard365 likes this.
  21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

As a teacher and it being in my home state, I definitely preferred the summer days because I could actually go if I wanted to. September is just a rough rough time to make time to go for me. We were able to swing it on Saturday last year with the Killers and TBS, but yeah. Hard to make that happen during the beginning of the school year.

Interesting to hear the offerings weren't so great this year.

Though i DID enjoy the cool september evening there vs. the hot as hell June days I've experienced there lol

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Totally agree that September > June for an outdoor festival. BUT I think organizers tend to avoid September because they lose ticket sales from all those high school/college students who are starting their Fall semesters. June is when the school years over, everyone's home for the summer, and ready to let loose.

Again, cooler weather and no sloppy drunk obnoxious teenagers is my dream scenario for a festival haha.

Sean Murphy and David87 like this.