Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Firefly Festival 2018 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by thechrisformat, Jan 11, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i hate this is the closest major festival to me, just truly horrible

3. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Pretty good lineup, might hit up a couple days this year. Gotta browse through that undercard, not too familiar with some.

4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

This is the best set of headliners this year so far. But then after the second line this lineup just nosedives and becomes one of the worst lineups of the year.
    Arctic Monkeys exclusive is so wasted on this fest. Why the hell didn't Roo or Coachella shell out for them?

6. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

As a touring artist, I'd assume Halsey would understand that it's easier said than done with festivals like that. Some artists won't be available because of tour reasons or they're in the studio. Or there's some bogus contract clause.

7. cwhit

no no no no no no please don't use that excuse there are thousands of super talented women that are totally ready to be on festivals like this. stop contributing to this nonsense

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I call bullshit on that defense. Its absurd how 80% of my favorite albums last year were from female artists and yet hardly any of them are popping up on lineups.

ALT/MSC/FAN and cwhit like this.
  9. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

There are, but that's how these festival promoters work. Plus, you have to look at booking agents since they're the true connection. Some festivals will only work with a select group of booking agents (I'm talking about probably 3 to 4 at times). That's why SXSW is a much better event to showcase talent since anyone can perform at/put on a showcase. Plenty of female acts that get huge buzz from SXSW tend to get a better shot at getting on something like a Coachella. That's what it boils down to for promoters: buzz. If you're not getting some glowing Pitchfork review or a New York Times feature, they're not going to bother with you, male or female.

Also, there are female acts that can't play some of these festivals because they DO have a tour already booked or they're actually trying to focus on their new album.

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

so Eminem was the clear popular choice this summer eh?

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Looks awful to us, but I think it was a smart and safe booking for these fests. Em's not gonna be doing any proper tour or headlining shows this cycle, so the only way his fans can see him is by attending whichever fest is closest to them. He's got some serious stans who will for sure be traveling across state lines for these fests just for him.

bkaeser93 likes this.
  12. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm actually really bored and started looking at how many female acts are at these festivals compared to the whole lineup:

Govball - 14/64
    Bonnaroo - 29/148
    Firefly - 12/95
    Boston Calling - 14/45
    Coachella - 47/167

Only impressive percentages are Boston Calling and Coachella. All other festivals need to step their game up.

13. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

"He's got some serious stans"...best typo ever.

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I don't think it's a typo?

cwhit likes this.
  15. manoverboard365

Trusted

It wasn't

16. cwhit

have you never heard the song stan? And how it’s about “stans”?

17. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Gotcha. Did not realize that was coined a term.

18. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

This festival is the highlight of my summer, mainly cause of the friends I go with but Kendrick has me hyped.

19. bkaeser93

Trusted

Blackbear, Smallpools, Mgmt, Portugal. The Man, Vance Joy, Lights, Foster The People, Arctic Monkeys, Logic, The Killers among a few others plus edm acts such as Party Favor, Odessa, Martin Garrix, Ookay etc I enjoy this lineup.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  20. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Passes price increase goes up at midnight tonight. Just bought my passes!

21. Amiketoremember182

You met me at a very strange time in my life

22. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

23. torvich82

The line-up looks really great!!

24. simonthebutler

Regular

Was very disappointed with him at riot fest last year, waste of a set.