Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fire Emblem Franchise Video Game • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, Jul 22, 2019.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i love the combat so much. i was worried that taking out the weapon triangle would make it not feel like a Fire Emblem game but based on what ive played so far it was actually the change that it needed

Shrek and theagentcoma like this.
  2. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Man, can't recruit anyone yet. Not sure if it's just because it's still too early or I just suck haha.

Shrek, theagentcoma and JRGComedy like this.
  3. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

My Petra does 4 attacks hahahahaha

And yeah speed is really important in this game, but you need to be careful to balance it out with some big weapons otherwise armored enemies are going to mess you up

zigbigwig and theagentcoma like this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I've only recruited one kid so far and I'm professor level C

theagentcoma likes this.
  5. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I have no idea how but I was able to recruit Sylvian during my second day of free time lol

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Same thing happened to me hahaha

morgantayler likes this.
  7. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Well that's good to hear. I'm level D and not that far, I don't think. Just the event for the month has me worried I'd not get a chance after.

Just learned about the assassination plot at the ceremony, it just sounds like it could be a catalyst for the houses breaking their peace. I could totally be wrong, just has me worried haha that I've lost my chance to recruit

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. zigbigwig

there’s some ways to go around that like using magic or a mace

but yeah, it just depends on what your units are growing into and making sure it’s being taken full advantage of

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

10. zigbigwig

11. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

So I just beat Lonato and have already lost a few kids, and I feel like i’d be better off starting the game over again and really utilizing what I know now to better level up character and what not. I just can’t help but feel I’ll constantly be at a disadvantage for not knowing how to play the game immediately.

12. chris

Trusted Supporter

Gonna play so much of this today, cannot wait

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

you're def not supposed to be able to recruit people that early no worries. feels like that mechanic is there for later when you start losing more units in battle

Shakriel likes this.
  14. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

im happy i picked causal, makes it a very stressfree first playthrough. i think my plan for playthroughs after this is:

second run on normal/classic
    third run when all DLC us out on lunatic/classic

theagentcoma and Shakriel like this.
  15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

As I was playing, I was wondering this. I've been playing various FE games for years, but I couldn't help but notice that they spend so much time explaining the monastery and then literally 0 time explaining the fighting and maps

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. zigbigwig

you def should. if it’s your first FE i would only recommend classic if you play a lot of turn-based strategy grid games.

also how are you guys recruiting people? i feel like im nowhere close to recruiting anyone.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  17. zigbigwig

i feel like they explain enough basic stuff.

to the new players in this thread, the best advice i can give is to just read everything. tapping the X button on any screen that has information will pop up a cursor and a tooltip. and you can scroll through the different parts of that screen from whatever each stat does up to the weapons and combat arts. it’s pretty rewarding imo and really helps you figure out what you want to do with the characters bec you see where they shine

18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I also zoomed out on the grid map so I can keep an eye on how many enemies exist at any given time

zigbigwig likes this.
  19. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I was really nervous about Three Houses because the previews made me feel like they were doubling down on the 3DS elements that I hated but the reviews are so good that I picked it up on my lunch break. Really excited to play tonight.

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. mescalineeyes

I permalost my first dude today but I feel sort-of ambivalent because he kind of sucked ass. he was the black mage in Edelgard's team.

21. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I'm going to catch a movie today and the theater is right by my favorite video game store. Here's hoping they don't have it in stock so I don't have to buy it before finishing BotW

mescalineeyes likes this.
  22. mescalineeyes

they probably will though hahaha

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

let me just complain a little more about how I don't want to play an amazing game because I'm too invested in another amazing game lol

Shrek and mescalineeyes like this.
  24. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I didn't realize that you can permalose students in practice battles so I just lost my first one...RIP Caspar.

25. mescalineeyes

I usually reload when someone dies haha but this battle was just too fucking long

theagentcoma and morgantayler like this.