Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fire Emblem Franchise Video Game • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I started replaying Awakening on Expert or Maniac, whatever they named that hardest setting, and lol I am not as good at Fire Emblem as I thought

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I just got a 2DS so I'm finally going to play Awakening soon, the game that apparently saved the franchise

Furry Werthers, Jake W and JRGComedy like this.
  3. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I had kinda forgotten everything about the game but I'm enjoying it immensely as I replay it

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Recently started playing Awakening on Hard because I realized I only ever played it on Normal. As someone who found Normal Awakening too easy, its just difficult enough while still allowing me to actually have fun.

I did just get Path of Radiance on Dolphin though so I may end up getting sucked in to the nostalgia trip.

theagentcoma and JRGComedy like this.
  5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

What is dolphin and how can I play Path of Radiance again

6. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

It's a popular Gamecube/Wii emulator. If you have a relatively decent computer, you can run it. Then you just need to hunt down the right rom. Most of my best Fire Emblem playing is emulated these days (sweet sweet fan translations of Japanese exclusives).

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Ooh that's awesome! I'd love to get in on those fan translations too. Thanks!

8. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

If you have an Android phone, I use John GBA, DraStic for DS emulation, and Snes9x EX+. Touch controls suck but they aren't too bad at all for turn based games like Fire Emblem.

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. theagentcoma

Started Shadow Dragon on my 2DS last night just for fun

JRGComedy likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Let me know what you decide to do with your 90 cavaliers :crylaugh:

11. theagentcoma

Ha! This was the only thing I remembered when I played it last. What am I supposed to do with them lol

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

For real! That was definitely the oddest thing about the game. For me I also kinda missed "the extras" that the newer games have. Off-map support conversations, time-traveling children, etc.

13. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Someone said to me that in old FE games, they gave you so many characters, including redundant cavaliers, because the designers expected that players would lose units for good and needed replacements for the future. They weren't designed around players constantly restarting. Blew my mind.

JRGComedy likes this.
  14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

When I first started playing as a kid I definitely just kinda threw all my units away. Whatever it took to beat a level haha

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

That's wild. I remember that on my first attempt at Fire Emblem 2003, I let like three of my units die by Chapter 7 and reset because I felt absolutely awful about it. 9-year-old me was too soft to be so mercenary with my units.

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The whole “characters can die forever” aspect conflicts heavily with the “make sure they form long term relationships with each other” aspect

17. DeathOrGlory Jul 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2020)
    DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

The modern support system as we know it didn't even come into play until Binding Blade for the GBA though. Shadow Dragon didn't have them and non-main characters never talked so it was less of a big thing to lose them. Units with no plot relevance really didn't have all that much personality until like, the first North American Fire Emblem so letting them die didn't matter as much.

However, I'm still a trained resetter at this point.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm a casual mode player at this point hahaha

19. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Do the older games let you go back a few moves if you make a mistake? I used Divine Pulse so much in 3H lol

20. theagentcoma

I would just strip my unwanted characters of all items and weapons and send them into battle as bait. I'm a tyrant.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

No, they have a feature called "suspend," which allows you to bookmark the battle. You can only start from a suspended spot one time. So if you lose someone you didn't want to, you have to start the level all the way over.

jpmalone4 likes this.
  22. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

is FE Warriors good? i was looking up a youtube and thought it was interesting

23. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I thought it was pretty good but I admittedly have a soft spot for the Dynasty Warriors series

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Made Raphael a war master. My boy about to wrecccck

jpmalone4, theagentcoma and JRGComedy like this.
  25. theagentcoma

that's the way to do it

Cameron likes this.