Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fire Emblem Franchise Video Game • Page 42

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Nvm I’m a genius.

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Explain lol

Jake W and Cameron like this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Well I only have six units since I lost a bunch at the beginning of the game not knowing perma death was active yet. So it’s always a struggle when I can’t use my recruits or Shamir(?). Though I swear my main two units were useless. I would lose so much health if I took one hit which never happens before. Anyways I just let the other houses duke it out, and when their forces we’re low I let Petra/Hubert lure them over to my heavy.

All good now. I did two battles after, and both were intense. Esp the paralogue one I did against a monster. There were wolves, and hawks too. Got very dicey.

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Also: I made Flayn a wyvern flyer. Thoughts?

theagentcoma likes this.
  5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

pretty sure I did the same on one playthrough lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I think Flayn is best as a dancer/bishop/white-mage kinda thing, especially since she learns Rescue and Fortify, which are super clutch. Flyers are always good to have though, and I'm sure she levels out fine as one, especially if you're down a few units.

theagentcoma and Cameron like this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I really liked her as a support mage role before I made the change. Her rescue and healing were great since I have no healers lol.

8. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

If you lose a character to permadeath, do they still show up in the cut scenes and monastery? I never let it happen on my play throughs but was curious how that worked.

Edit: Not trying to humble brag there lol, first play through was casual...

Cameron likes this.
  9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Made Flayn a dancer my first playthrough and haven't used her since lol

10. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Dancer is a weird class, don't know how I feel about it. You get a decent stat boost for that point in the game with it and the Dance function is useful, but after awhile it starts to feel like it holds your unit back.

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It was better in Birthright I feel like

jpmalone4 likes this.
  12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

They do appear in the monastery but you can no longer give them gifts or lost items.

Cameron and jpmalone4 like this.
  13. theagentcoma

That's hilarious. I usually make her a dancer, which is what I feel the game is trying to lead you towards. I actually lost her like 3 levels before the end of the game and just let her die instead of rewinding it because I was so close to the end. Felt bad for Seteth tho

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Just finished Awakening!

Hot take: I think I liked Fates more

The Lucky Moose and theagentcoma like this.
  15. theagentcoma

worth buying a 3DS for?

On another note, I downloaded a translated ROM of The Sealed Sword, the game with Roy as the main character that never made it to the states. I only played a few missions but it seems like standard FE to me so far.

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Well the 3DS would enable you to play Shadow Dragon, Awakening, all three Fates games, and Echoes, so definitely worth the price of admission! I'm looking at the unit roster of Awakening and I somehow missed out on like 12 units, so I might need to replay it soon haha.

About to start Echoes, the last North American game I need to beat.

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Well, I've done it. In a journey that's taken 15 years, I finally beat every Fire Emblem game released in North America.

That includes:
    Fire Emblem (GBA)
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA)
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC)
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)
    Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)
    Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
    Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS)
    Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (3DS)
    Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations (3DS)
    Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS)
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

My favorite is a tie between Radiant Dawn and Three Houses (though Sacred Stones is up there). I've beaten Radiant Dawn the most times.

My least favorite is Shadow Dragon and I think I actually liked Fates more than Awakening.

Anywho, here's a testament to my sloth and laziness. AMA!

18. theagentcoma

Oh damn, I'll come back later to ask some questions. Good job!

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Haha thanks! I'm just happy I am contributing to society in a meaningful way. :crylaugh:

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Radiant Dawn is one I wish i could play. sad sigh

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

when are you planning to play Heroes of Light and Shadow

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

man i really need to replay Shadow Dragon. i’ve no idea why it’s consistently ranked at the bottom. i had fun with it

JRGComedy likes this.
  23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Honestly thinking about getting an emulator and tackling some of the other games as well haha. Why not at this point!

Shadow Dragon is a great no-frills FE game. I just like the frills usually haha. Echoes would be close behind, the dungeon-crawling aspect of that game wore thin very quickly.

theagentcoma and Oskarr like this.
  24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'll be hanging onto my Wii copy for life or at least until I need to make a down payment on a house or something lol

Shakriel likes this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Same

JRGComedy likes this.