Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fire Emblem Franchise Video Game • Page 41

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, Jul 22, 2019.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

but honestly you can’t go wrong with Fates too.

Birthright is easier and more accessible, more open, Conquest is the more traditional linear FE experience similar to the GBA ones.

i own FE Echoes but that’s the only one I haven’t played

morgantayler likes this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Been enjoying Fates, but the 3D models are kinda goofy haha.

3. zigbigwig

but they have feet right?

iirc Awakening was the one without feet haha

JRGComedy likes this.
  4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I can't believe they are still charging $40 for an 8 year old game lol

I saw copies of Echoes at Walmart for $20 so maybe I'll grab one of those

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha they do have feet, but like every sprite is thicc because they're short and squashed

zigbigwig likes this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I snagged a used Birthright for $30 at Wal-Mart, and then in the game, if you buy Conquest online, it's $20

morgantayler likes this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

VERY grateful I'm playing Conquest on casual mode. Definitely stands next to Radiant Dawn as the hardest game in the North American releases. Especially if you're trying to accomplish no deaths.

8. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i went into conquest on hard/classic because my one issue with awakening was that it had been way too easy on normal. i really underestimated how difficult it would be. i legit tied everything in chapter 10 to no avail, that chapter is impossible. doesnt help that i have to go for no deaths

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. zigbigwig

Conquest Classic/Hard is probably the hardest "Hard" difficulty in any FE game I've played

and i played finished Birthright on Classic/Lunatic with no deaths (going to be a while before i attempt to do that again)

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I finished Conquest this morning! Gonna tear into Revelations later today.

I echo what y'all are saying above. Even on normal/casual, there were a few maps where I ended with like five units left.

Before you get mad, I realize that's the wrong way to play Fire Emblem hahaha. But this is my first time playing and of the 3DS games after playing pretty much just Radiant Dawn for 12 years

StepsInADance and zigbigwig like this.
  11. zigbigwig

there is definitely no wrong way to play this game

i have a friend who like me has also played since GBA, and i know he only plays casual/normal now. some people just don't have the time to deal with that permadeath bs and i don't blame them haha

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

haha nah, im all for people playing how they want. in fact when i think about why i even still do no death runs i get no real answer other than i used to do it as a kid and im a masochist

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha yeah, Three Houses was my first experience with Casual and I loved it. Very happy that most of the DS games have it too. Sometimes you want to just finish a level so you can go back to your private quarters and fraternize with Setsuna, ya know?

If I ever want a challenge, I'll always have the GBA games and Radiant Dawn lol.

14. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I got rocked trying the Petra/Bernadetta paralogue last night. Started off straightforward enough and then went haywire right at the end. The "Hard" difficulty is definitely a big step up from "Normal," I'm not breezing through this like I once was.

JRGComedy and theagentcoma like this.
  15. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Yeah the jump in difficulty is really noticeable on the paralogues.

16. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

For sure. On my GD run on N/Casual I actually struggled a bit with Marianne's, and since I recruited her again (must protect Marianne), I'm actually afraid to try it again on H/Classic.

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

That Marianne paralogue was like the only challenging part on normal/casual. I remember being a little bit shocked haha

jpmalone4 likes this.
  18. theagentcoma

I think Claude's paralogue in the Verdant Winds playthrough on Hard was the first time I felt like it was a challenge. Now I have 3 missions left and I just played the map in Fort Merceus where the Death Knight is like level 45. Lysithea, being the badass that she is, killed him in one shot.

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Lysithea and Marianne are the MVPs

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Yeah Lysithea is the best character in the game, she always guarantees a one hit kill. If she could only learn Meteor she would be ridiculous.

theagentcoma and JRGComedy like this.
  21. theagentcoma

she can warp people like halfway across the map for a surprise aerial strike, it's awesome

zigbigwig likes this.
  22. zigbigwig Mar 30, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 30, 2020)
    zigbigwig

i finished one of the endgame maps in Golden Deer in 1 turn using warps, some buffs, and Lysithea KO-ing the boss

on Hard/Classic. just shows how crazy powerful she is

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. theagentcoma

that's hilarious haha. I have one more map to go in my GD run. I've put about 115 hours combined into that and my initial BE run. Rare that a game keeps my interest for so long.

zigbigwig likes this.
  24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm playing Awakening now! Weird that they're all missing feet.

zigbigwig likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sooooo why is the eagle/lion battle so much more difficult than any other battle I’ve played in this game?! My main character, and Edelgard never take any damage......this fight they’re getting one shotted. This is really annoying

JRGComedy and Jake W like this.