Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fire Emblem Franchise Video Game • Page 33

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, Jul 22, 2019.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

On my second run I do get a little tired of the monastery exploring, because it becomes so mechanical and tedious once you’ve seen it and the button layout and the camera do not help. Overall I enjoyed it being there but I’m not 100% convinced that I don’t actually prefer a hub as small as the one in Fates. I guess it would help if they would put in more stuff to do and see.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Just reached the time skip last night, damn. Everyone looks so grown up

JRGComedy likes this.
  3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

9A27A49E-68F4-482A-BB5E-C0E19F4BF0AA.jpeg

Shakriel and Matt like this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

I recruited Petra and used renown and also made her fly and now she’s killing everyone

theagentcoma, Matt and JRGComedy like this.
  5. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I'm definitely Charlie's Angels-ing this shit with Female Byleth / Petra / Edelgard / Dorothea and Bernadetta.

Giving the guys in my house the necessary marginal attention but they all know they aren't the stars of the show.

Matt, morgantayler and JRGComedy like this.
  6. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

so i finally ran into a mission on hard that frustrated me, but only largely because of my fault. the first post-time skip mission for Golden Deer was annoying because i dont like to lose people and i also dont use a few players. It selected all the ones I never used, of course. So they were underleveled by a ton.

zigbigwig likes this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that one has killed me a few times too haha

8. Shakriel

Thankfully it had a few characters who could hold their own, but for a while it'd look like MC and Lysithea completing it by themselves.

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Is there anything that stops you from just grinding the free auxiliary battle over and over again when you select the battle option? Seems like a pretty easy way to level your characters up. Or is that actually by design so you can get your characters to a level where you won't actually get anything from that battle anymore?

10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

yea i think that's the intent. in hard mode there are no free battles

11. theagentcoma

Certain battles (paralogues, rare monster sightings) use up your action points allotted for battles but other ones can be played over and over, to the best of my knowledge. I'm only a few missions into the post time skip phase tho

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Eyyy just married Petra

theagentcoma and Matt like this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I guess I'm gonna do a Blue Lions playthrough now.

Hard classic was considerably harder and I did the Black Eagles route, which ended with fighting Rhea, who was WAY more challenging than Nemesis in the Golden Deer route.

Gonna give the game a break for a bit though because by the time I finish the next playthrough I'll have sunk 100 hours into this damn game and I haven't done that with a single game in over a decade haha

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. theagentcoma

So there's not really much to do at the monastery once you reach maximum professor level, right? Other than fish and garden for items. Or I guess motivate your students.

Ok there are a few things to do but it's not as fun doing it every week when you're not looking for lost items and grinding XP

TheBaroness likes this.
  15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It’s also a chance to “train” the main character. And if I was ever low on money I’d do the tournaments repeatedly

theagentcoma and JRGComedy like this.
  16. The Lucky Moose

I really don't think that the monastery parts hold up after the first run, or really the first half of a run

17. theagentcoma

Yeah I can see how it might get tedious on repeat runs

18. The Lucky Moose

It’s just not that well designed imo. The monastery is pretty though.

19. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Didn’t realise you needed to do certain things by a certain time to trigger the split path in the Black Eagles story and now I’ve gone past it :verysad: I honestly don’t think I can go through the tedium of starting yet another playthrough, doing all the tutorials etc, but I’m really bummed because I feel like that’s the alternative part of the story I didn’t get from Blue Lions.
    I really hope there’s a change to New Game + in the future that allows you to jump straight into a story path without having to go right back to the start and go back through all the damn finding things/unlocking things quests again, but I’m not holding my breath.

20. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

what things?

21. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I mean all the ‘gather information about x’ wild goose chase quests you need to do to move on with the story etc. They’re really tiresome when you’re faced with doing them for a third and fourth time on different story play throughs

zigbigwig likes this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

Pretty sure you just have to have a high enough relationship level with Edelgard

zigbigwig likes this.
  23. Shakriel

You also have to go with her when she gets crowned.

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

I’m not sure you do. I did, but when I looked it up some said it doesn’t matter.

25. Shakriel

Interesting. I read you need to, but only after I had accidentally run into her and done it anyway, so I can't say for certain either.

The Lucky Moose likes this.