Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fire Emblem Franchise Video Game • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, Jul 22, 2019.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

A
    Ahhh that makes sense haha. I've just been using brute force against the monsters. My Sylvain's battalion has stride, I might start using it more often.

I forget that the characters get to attack and use the battalion in the same turn

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

There are some that have nice buffs on your own party, like I have one that one of my magic users have that can make a group able to move more spaces (MV stat?) and there are also AOE healing ones too, I deff dont use them enough or just haven't had to yet.

3. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

My monster method is usually 1) have someone strong gambit the monster so it will attack them and only them next turn 2) take out the monster's first HP bar OR 1) gambit 2) take out first HP bar 3) gambit 4) take out second HP bar. The gambit is mostly an insurance policy in case my other characters can't take it out before the next turn.

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Gotcha gotcha. I just kinda swarm them with my characters and then use my dancer if I absolutely have to.

I didn't realize a gambit makes it so the enemy only attacks that unit the next turn?

5. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

With the monsters, it does. If you do a gambit, it will get confused, meaning that it won't retaliate against your characters during the player phase. Then it will give you a little pop up window that's like "attracted monster's attention!" and then it will only attack your gambit character during the next enemy phase.

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Amazing! I had no idea haha

7. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Also if you use the gambit when other characters are within striking distance of the same enemy, it increases the amount of damage it does.

8. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I've been ignoring the gambits, thanks for the tips

9. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

gambits are awesome. adds another layer of strat. Stride (Mv+5) is a good gambit for non frontline units

10. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Apparently it just meant that I had to get further along in the game until they joined, which doesn't make sense to me because none of the people with it were vital but w/e

morgantayler likes this.
  11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Gambits have saved my ass with some opponents like Death Knight, but I don't put much thought into which ones I assign to whom

12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

As soon as I start playing I'll finally understand the memez

13. zigbigwig

the cover art for the game to start with.

[​IMG]

it’s just so ridiculous i laughed at claude being upside down and THEN I FOUND OUT it’s a huge meme on the internet.

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. zigbigwig

so i laughed harder

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I never knew he was upside down, haha. My version doesnt have that cover.

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. zigbigwig

what do you have?

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. Shakriel

The deluxe edition which has the metal case for the game.

18. zigbigwig

i have the same thing. it looks gorgeous!

not sure if it makes things funnier but in the cartridge claude is still upside down (same artwork) and that’s where i noticed it.

awakening has my favorite catridge art.

[​IMG]

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. Shakriel

It is a gorgeous case! Ahh, I shoved the cartridge into my Switch and didn't pay attention to the art.

I want to go back to Awakening, but I'll have to go digging through boxes and hope my 3DS still works, it's been a while.

20. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I’ve sunk a further 20 hours into this game just in the last three days and have Fire Emblem on the brain - I have never been so obsessed with a game before. I’m now starting to see all the mistakes I’ve made along the journey in terms of how I’ve levelled my students/supports etc and it’s making me really keen to start over again once I finish

21. Shakriel

I restarted my save on Saturday and I'm already at the village with the first monsters.

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. Marx&Recreation Aug 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 5, 2019)
    Marx&Recreation

Trusted

[​IMG]

(saw on reddit)

JRGComedy, DeathOrGlory and Shakriel like this.
  23. zigbigwig

what’s that a reference to?

24. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

When Seteth isn’t home

zigbigwig likes this.
  25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

post time jump question

is there a point to keeping enemy students alive during battle? will I be able to recruit them?

i eliminated Judith in three turns because i wanted to make sure i didn't have take out any of the students