Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fire Emblem Franchise Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, Jul 22, 2019.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

also does anybody else miss the old arena? the one where you can abuse it pretty much to level up your units in 1 map. it’s super grating to do and im glad they changed it but that was such an unforgettable exploit

i wasted so much time doing that before. like going to spend an hour just grinding a character only to have him/her die in arena so i’d reset the game and do it all over again.

i really really love this franchise, flaws and all. im super excited for 3 Houses.

theagentcoma and Shrek like this.
  2. zigbigwig

what happened in your area? i got mine fairly easily. i was even able to reserve a 2nd copy and could’ve bought it but decided to let someone else have it.

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

they produced like four and a half copies for North America. the demand was exponentially larger than what they supplied, and they immediately surfaced for 200 bucks online.

Anthony_ likes this.
  4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Love that there's a thread for this now.

I came to Fire Emblem entirely by accident as a tween because I had exactly $35 to spend and wanted a new GBA game so my baby weeb ass selected the game with the most anime looking cover. (Sacred Stones)

I really like Sacred Stones plotwise, but my overall favorite is probably Path of Radiance. I have a soft spot in my heart for the laguz. The plot of Radiant Dawn is pretty uhhh batshit crazy so we'll just pretend that didn't happen.

Fates was probably the one I had the most fun playing because I was playing it at the same time as my boyfriend and best friend when we lived together, so we would just sit in the living room and trade tips/theories/memes about it. I know people criticize the waifu aspects of the newer games, but I think that making it engaging in ways besides battling and strategy was ultimately for the best and saved the franchise. Not to mention I don't think it's subtle that gamers hate the feature that appeals more to the female portion of the audience.

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This is going to sound INSANE, but when I was a kid, I'd get too impatient to follow the story, so most of my Fire Emblem love is purely from the gameplay haha

oldjersey and theagentcoma like this.
  6. Shrek

i quite like the waifu/dating sim portions i just dont love the increasing sexualization of the female character "fan service" side of it, its embarrassing to be caught playing sometimes

Joe4th and theagentcoma like this.
  7. personalmaps

This is true the first time I had to like, pet my husband I was like oh no.

Joe4th, theagentcoma and Shrek like this.
  8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I'm not even going to pick it up right away so I'll be behind everyone lol

I LOVED Sacred Stones. I loved that you could grind away at random encounters against hordes of monsters.

Good thing the gameplay is excellent!

Joe and JRGComedy like this.
  9. zigbigwig

what house are you guys going for?

right now I think I’ll go Black Eagles or Golden Deer. but I might go with the former because I like what I’ve seen from that house so far

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. Shrek

i haven't looked into any specifics on any house so itll be whatever one makes the strongest case in the story before im forced to decide

11. personalmaps

I'm not sure either!! I was leaning towards Black Eagle because I want a girl character but I'll see which house appeals to me most once I'm actually playing it.

12. chris

Trusted Supporter

Loved loved Awakening

The way the Fates campaigns were split up (plus the amount of content I guess) felt really overwhelming to me, so I had a tough time sticking with it and never finished any of the stories. I'd like to revisit it one day because I liked a lot of the characters and there were some nice QoL changes (getting rid of weapon durability for instance).

I'm all in on Three Houses though, Leicester Alliance what it do babyyyy (a choice that may change once I actually start the campaign)

13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

black eagle fam we out here

Anthony_ and theagentcoma like this.
  14. theagentcoma

probably Black Eagles so far. If I have the choice between a girl with an axe, a guy with a lance, or a guy with a bow....the answer seems obvious. Don't appear to be many axe users from what I've seen.

15. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Subbing. I’ve only played Fates, Awakening and Echoes but absolutely loved them all and am so hyped for Three Houses. I have it preloaded ready to go for Friday.

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Wait am I gonna have to pet my husband in the new game?
    :crylaugh:

It doesn't bother me, just want to be prepared

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

It needs to be Friday already.

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Looks like reviews are gonna start rolling in tomorrow at 10AM eastern.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. theagentcoma

Hell yeah set phasers to HYPE

20. personalmaps

I'm taking a sick day tomorrow so I can play this as soon as it arrives lmao. I love being an ADULT!

Shrek, JRGComedy and theagentcoma like this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

You lucky duck; that sounds like a great day!

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. theagentcoma

Hell yeah this is the only choice

Looking forward to seeing some reviews today

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Seeing alot of good marks for FE so far

theagentcoma likes this.
  24. theagentcoma

25. theagentcoma Jul 25, 2019