Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fire Emblem Franchise Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, Jul 22, 2019.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I think we have enough people here interested in this to warrant a thread, so let's make it happen.

I'll start by saying that while I plan on purchasing it, I won't touch it until I'm done with the main stuff in BotW because that's currently captivating me.

For discussion purposes, what's everyone's favorite Fire Emblem game? I'm basically a super casual fan as I've only finished the two GBA titles. I've played minutes to a few hours of Path of Radiance, Shadow Dragon, and Birthright. So I'm kinda in the dark on a lot of stuff.

However, I just started looking into this a matter of weeks ago, so my hype is fresh and untamed.

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

game of the year

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Do we want this to be a Three Houses thread or a general Fire Emblem franchise thread?

4. theagentcoma

It can be whatever the hell we want it to be, but I guess we should talk about the main game. I was just thinking of a starting point for conversation.

What houses are we leaning towards?

5. Anthony_

I was just asking because I think a general “Fire Emblem” thread would be better since then we can discuss the whole franchise!

6. theagentcoma

let's do it! I'll edit the title

Anthony_ likes this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm sooooo excited for the new game!

Radiant Dawn was always my favorite because of how long it was and how powerful you could get your characters to be.

But i arguably spent more hours on the GBA titles!

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. Very excited for this. I move through games pretty slowly though, so I'll most likely be way behind you guys once the game drops.

theagentcoma and JRGComedy like this.
  9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ummmmmm yeah im gonna get this new one

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Have yet to finish a FE game yet though lol ugh

11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The Sacred Stones is a quick play if you just stick the story line haha

theagentcoma and Anthony_ like this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ive been playing Awakening a little here and there, maybe ill pick it up again for the next few days

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

How's Awakening? I never had a DS, so I haven't played any of the DS games unfortunately

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It is as good as a FE game can get I feel, I got a hacked 2dsXL a few months ago and it was one of the many games on it. It's outstanding.

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

wow rock solid testimony here

jokes aside Awakening is the best but a big part of that is some long overdue QoL stuff. Fates nailed some of the home base stuff but a lot of the fights and story sucked. didn't get to play Echoes.

theagentcoma, zigbigwig and Joe4th like this.
  16. Shrek

I will always have a slight hatred for Fates because of the awful rollout with the collectors edition. the absolute peak of artificial scarcity by Nintendo

Anthony_ and Joe4th like this.
  17. Shrek

Awakening also had one of the worst DLC models ive seen in my LIFE and i bought ALL of it because i was DEPRESSED. idk if Fates followed suit but that game while enjoyable didn't leave me wanting more so i didn't get any dlc beyond Birthright

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'll always have a soft spot for Radiant Dawn since you can basically level up characters a full 60 levels and two class changes hahaha.

Like, by the end when Ike is basically invincible and they give you Tibarn and all the Laguz is such an incredible feeling haha

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. Anthony_

Hard agree on this, I actually bought a Collector's Edition for like $150 on eBay back in the day and to this day I still haven't even played it. The rollout kind of soured me on the whole franchise, really. I'll get to it eventually.

Shrek likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Suckas

21. Shrek

Joe4th and Anthony_ like this.
  22. Shrek

never truly played a console FE

23. Anthony_

I played Path of Radiance but didn't finish it. Never played Radiant Dawn.

24. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

present. i read somewhere a lot of people didn’t like Shadow Dragon but i thought that was pretty good, along with the sequel (i think it was called Heroes of Light and Shadow) which was never translated officially.

just finding out who the villain was in the 2nd one was kind of tragic.

i never played the consoles ones but i played all the GBA, DS and 3DS titles except Valentia.

Shrek likes this.
  25. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Awakening def is the go to game for new players. it’s a good balance between accessible while still having that old FE dna. i felt Fates leaned too much towards the sim aspect, although i did like how they tried to change the gameplay.

ever since i started playing on Hard/Lunatic after some playthroughs i don’t think I can ever go back. and as always going to play this in Classic mode because I’m one of those fans who just can’t let go of the old ways