Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters (April 17, 2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 22, 2020.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Will definitely be digging into this tomorrow!

2. Would've checked this out regardless but whoa high expectations now

3. Fiona Apple is the greatest artist of my life time.

4. there have been 12 perfect 10s on initial release from pitchfork:
    12 Rods - Gay? (1996)
    Walt Mink - El Producto (1996)
    Amon Tobin - Bricolage (1997)
    Radiohead - OK Computer (1997)
    Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series Vol. 4: Bob Dylan Live 1966, The "Royal Albert Hall" Concert (1998)
    Bonnie "Prince" Billy - I See a Darkness (1999)
    The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin (1999)
    Radiohead - Kid A (2000)
    Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (2002)
    ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - Source Tags & Codes (2002)
    Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010)
    Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters (2020)

however the reviews for 12 Rods, Amon Tobin, Walt Mink, The Flaming Lips, and Bob Dylan have been scrubbed from the site so only 7 perfect 10s exist lol

Fiona Apple is the first female artist to get a perfect score from Pitchfork.

smowashere and zmtr like this.
  5. Extremely impressive album. "Shameika, "Newspaper," and "For Her" are all early highlights for me. Love the percussion and drumming on this. It's super unique but also reminds me of Rain Dogs just a little bit

radiodead and Matt Chylak like this.
  6. I'm also finishing up reading the New Yorker profile of her from last month and it gives super interesting context to this album's creation

7. zmtr

Trusted

Well... I honestly don’t have words after these first two listens. All I can say is that it lives up to the hype plus some.

REALLY wanted to get to know this album before the reviews started pouring in because a 10/10 score is going to have an impact on your listening whether or not you’d like to admit it... buuuut this is as close to perfect as it gets.

8. zmtr

Trusted

i know I’m biased but BI, BI should’ve been a 10/10. I feel like they just couldn’t give away another perfect score that soon after MBDTF.

9. zmtr

Trusted

“Cosmonauts” holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

angrycandy likes this.
  10. I can't believe I lived through all these years without seeking out I Want You To Love Me's live version. My jaw was on the floor by the end of the song.

Mary V likes this.
  11. radiodead

Trusted

Let’s gooooooo. So deserved. Incredible record. And I just said Waxahatchee couldnt be topped like 2 weeks ago lol. Music is the best.

mad and Jim like this.
  12. I actually was mad at you for saying this yesterday because someone said this about Father of the Bride and I was like yeah i can see that and then it got an 8. you called it

cshadows2887 and radiodead like this.
  13. This is fantastic. Perhaps the best percussion work I've heard in a long time too?

14. radiodead Apr 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2020)
    radiodead

Trusted

Lol that was me as well. And I still believe it. That was the worst 8.0 they’ve ever given (at least when it comes to records that generally interest me, off the top of my head). That score was DOA.

I remember going through FotB and just being like is this it? Because it was and still is so good. I even think I like MVotC more but it kinda felt right at the time. Was floored when it didn’t even get BNM. They got too caught up in backing off hype from early 10’s indie rock bands.

jordalsh likes this.
  15. Two features for Vulture

Mary V likes this.
  16. radiodead likes this.
  17. that album deserved better for sure

radiodead likes this.
  18. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

so proud of her. she deserves the love. what an incredible album

19. Shameika is a jam and also i love the title track so much.

radiodead likes this.
  20. radiodead

Trusted

I doubt there will be any variants because she seems to hate colored vinyl (agree to disagree Fiona) so I’ll probably jump on that 180g double LP.

jordalsh likes this.
  21. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Got that vinyl!

22. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Snagged that shit so fast, I still can’t find Idler Wheel for not a ridiculous price

radiodead likes this.
  23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Cant wait to listen to this!!!

24. radiodead

Trusted

Ah man. If I ever have an extra swap space or see it back in stock at VMP I can snag you one if you want. I’m sure they’ll do a repress.

Aaron Mook and Jim like this.
  25. I know the NY profile said they were prepping a When the Pawn... re-press

radiodead likes this.