Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ahhhh you right. Ugh. Swap out In Ruins for that!

Bryan Diem likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Bury White is a cover but I LOVE that cover!

Davjs likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Honestly, you're right IMO. "Crash My Car" is tolerable if you ignore the lyrics but both songs are pretty mediocre. It sucks cause I love Buddy and Finch but yeah... underwhelming.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. and Buddy wants to make a return to form album with Senses Fail. yikes, they got way better over the years if you don't count Thorns which was messy.

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Couldn't agree more with this statement.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

And Buddy can write some catchy/memorable pop punk songs. SF's first three records are really good in that respect.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh man, don't I know. Renacer is one of my all time favorite records. It's just so fucking good and I listen to it all the time still. I remember being so hyped for Thorns and it turned out to be such a mess. After hearing his comments about the next record, I'm not gonna be excited till I hear something and I'm keeping expectations low.

It's kinda funny that I'm talking about how shitty the band is becoming cause I'm seeing Senses Fail tonight here in San Francisco ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. Davjs

Trusted

It is classic isn't it? I still jam it all the time too.

I was also so hyped for Thorns. I do like songs like Wounds, Carry the Weight and Importance of Life and Death, but besides the opener and the verses of the title track the change in sound was not for the best overall.

With all this news of going more poppy, not heavy and not having the dream team of Zack and Matt I wonder if Thorns will end up being a really good album in comparison lol.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah dude I feel the exact way as you. Thorns was Buddy trying to become his hardcore influences. He also wrote all the guitars and bass on that record too.

As far as the next record goes, I really hope it doesn't blow up in his face. It kind of did for Finch with Back to Oblivion IMO. That was a record trying to please both sides of the fan base and only got halfway there.

10. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

What do you guys think about Back to Oblivion? For me, the songs themselves are great but the production/mixing is so poor. It completely ruins what could've been a great album. It sounds like it was recorded inside a tin can. In fact some songs just sound like demos. I still enjoy the album a lot tho because I think the songs are really good, just a shame they were so crappily recorded.

11. airik625

There are some tracks I really enjoy, but I hardly ever listen to it. In fact, SHTS is the only Finch record I listen to on a consistent basis.

beachdude42 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I think it just sounds like a band playing well under their skill level, writing uninspired songs, with poor production. Only listened to it twice though.

13. Letterbomb31 Apr 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2017)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

BTO is definitely a significant step down from SHTS, but I still like it a lot. The production just drags it down so much imo.

14. Davjs

Trusted

I like the album overall a lot. I go back to the title track, Anywhere but Here, Further From the Few (that bridge/build up into a scream is awesome), Murder Me (The acoustic version is great too), Two Guns and Us vs Them. So most of the album lol.

I'm not a production guy so I don't/can't usually hear anything bad with production. As far as the style of the songs though, I like them better now then I think I would have if it came out a few years after SHTS though. The second EP/Phantasma demos are what I really want from Finch.

beachdude42 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The album is half-baked IMO. I love Two Guns to The Temple and Picasso Trigger is a jam and a half but there are some pretty weak songs on the album too. I hate the title track as well. Sounds like a WIITB tribute band trying to write something original.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Oh no, the title track is good! I did laugh at your description though :-) They did write WIITB though, so them writing some songs in that style isn't a bad thing.

mattylikesfilms and Letterbomb31 like this.
  17. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Did Nate have a solo album a few years back or am I imagining that? I never listened to it and now it seems impossible to find.

18. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like he deleted it from his soundcloud.

19. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I love Inferium

and Further From the Few is kinda cool

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Inferium is one of Nate's best tracks ever. He's simply amazing.

Further From The Few is meh to me.

angrycandy likes this.
  21. does anyone have the 2008 EP and could PM me ? I always lose it once in a while and then I remember it's not available for free on their website anymore

samesies for the World Of Violence demos

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm out of town till like Wednesday so I don't have my mac on me but if you still need someone to upload and share by then- got you.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I would also like said material:-)

24. thanks so much ! i'm trying to find an old hard drive on my parents' home so maybe I still have that stuff somewhere lol

25. airik625

Love this acoustic cover: