Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Now as wondrous as SHTS is, does anyone else think it runs a little long? And if so, what tracks would you cut to make it a smoother ride?

2. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Nope, it's perfect as it is.

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Honestly I'd have this complaint more for WIITB than SHTS... at least for me.

4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

yeah, just because it's more samey. No two songs on SHTS sound the same, so cutting them would be difficult.

5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

if I HAD to cut a song, it would be Fireflies, easily.

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

whaaa. I fucking love Fireflies

7. angrycandy

if I HAD to, airik

I like it, too

Cameron, beachdude42 and airik625 like this.
  8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

No way, the bass is sweeeeeet on that song, the chill breakdown and the verses are so creepy, and the guitar parts changing in the chorus is PRIME

9. angrycandy

I just think it's the weakest on the album. I know of at least one former member who agrees.

10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

That could be anyone since they're all former members now haha.

I'd cut Reduced to Teeth or Man Alone. RtT isn't the worst track, but it's structurally similar to Hopeless Host but not as amazing. And Man Alone is awesome too but does slow things down a bit.

11. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

"Reduced to Teeth" is probably my favourite song on there lol, it's at least top 3 for me.

Davjs and angrycandy like this.
  12. angrycandy

former guitarist named Randy lol

I like both of those songs you mentioned quite a bit, and I think they are just way better songs than Fireflies in general. but that's the great thing about that album, is that there is so much there, so many different styles, that there's something for everyone. it was really hard to pick a song that I would cut, thus why I said if I "HAD to" cut, because I love them all dearly.

13. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I still don't understand why anyone would actually want to cut songs from the album. It's 50 minutes which isn't even that long and I think it flows perfectly.

beachdude42 and angrycandy like this.
  14. angrycandy

agreed

I just answered for the sake of conversation lol

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

To be clear, I think the way it flows is as close to ideal as it gets aside from the Hopeless Host to RtT transition. Just thought it would be a better way to discuss what the weak points are haha. I do feel like it's quite a time-consumer when listening to it on vinyl, but that's mostly because of Gak 2 and Spanish Fly brining it to about an hour.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. Piece Of Mind has always been my least favorite song. It's good tho, but it pales in comparison to the rest of the record. Maybe because it's the most traditional one ? In the sense that it is the most similar to What It Is To Burn.

DesolateEarth and angrycandy like this.
  17. angrycandy

I love that one lol

did you know they took the Bury Me chorus riff, tweaked it a bit, and used it for the chorus of A Piece of Mind because they loved that song and wanted to do something with it

I always thought that was cool

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Never new that, that's awesome. One of my favorite songs on there.

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I love "Hopeless Host" and "Reduced To Teeth" but they kind of blend together IMO. One strong song combining those two would make the record stronger/flow better.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Saw this after my comment lol

21. angrycandy

I don't think any of those songs sound anything like the others but that's just me

22. angrycandy

Nate wrote A Man Alone, Fireflies, and Hopeless Host. it's weird because those songs don't sound like a lot of other stuff on that album but for some reason it works.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Wish Nate would start another rock band with the same type of sound found in these songs and Phantasma...

Cosmonaut was pretty great and I'm thinking about messaging Nate on youtube to ask about any Cosmonaut tracks. I would even donate money for them if he was down to throw them on bandcamp?

24. angrycandy

yeah, a lot of those songs had real potential. I would love to hear a proper version of Deadwood

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Definitely. I think I will do it- worst case scenario he ignores me haha.