Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Still planning on writing my retrospective on SHTS soon.

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Dude please share when you do. Would love to read it!

Davjs and beachdude42 like this.
  3. beachdude

Definitely will! Just trying to find enough free time to really write something good between school and other stuff.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. Crisp X Dec 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 21, 2016)
    If this is finally it, I guess Phantasma is a great way to go out. It's basically what I expected to hear when they got back together. So good.

6. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, it's pretty great. I go back to Contra all the time.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Sweet, was waiting for someone to make that album downloadable, whether from the band or whoever else

8. airik625

It is now?

9. Bane

The spiciest meme

It's down in the description of that video posted above

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

So some random internet person mixed the demos? What is this even

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

He made slight tweaks to it like bumping up EQ and what not. Makes it sound slightly better IMO.

If this album was mastered and fully realized- it would have been the band's best record to date IMO.

Davjs likes this.
  12. airik625

Dang sounds like I need to listen to this all the way through. Weren't there a couple albums that were uploaded? Which is which?

13. Davjs

Trusted

Nate uploaded the recorded demos from before they hit the studio. The band uploaded 2 tracks that they did in the studio with the producer involved (which is what broke them apart). All the tracks are on the youtube video.

14. airik625

Where can I find the downloads to the two studio tracks?

15. Davjs

Trusted

I think they are all on that video. If not, the Finch youtube page has them but not enchanced or whatever this guy did to them.

16. Kuri44

Happy 15 to What It Is To Burn

17. Wow this is that old

18. beachdude

Listening to the Phantasma demos again today really makes me sad that the band could never fully get on the same page again, because that really could have been their best album imo, even above Say Hello To Sunshine. Ah well, at least we got the music we got.

Finally almost done writing my piece on Finch, Say Hello To Sunshine, and the risks and rewards of big artistic leaps. I'll link it here when it's up!

19. airik625

Looking forward to reading that.

20. trevorshmevor Apr 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2017)
    A long time ago, I was having a conversation with one of the guys in this band about the SHTS stuff. He told me when they presented that record to the major, the exec held up the CD next to WIITB and simply went "THIS (angrily pointing at SHTS) is not THIS (angrily pointing at WIITB)". And I just remember being like fuck lol what a soul crushing moment that must have been.

21. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Wow that must have been soul destroying.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Absolutely man. I still listen to Phantasma on some rides. Aside from "All For You", I love the entire thing and the idea of a fully realized version of that record produced and all? Shit makes me legit bummed. They had something really great and it's a shame the other guys wanted to play it safe to please the fan base who still are hung up on WIITB. Fans legit can be the worst sometimes..

Also really looking forward to that piece on Sunshine my dude! Definitely keep us posted!

Wow.. that must have been really fucking hard on the guys. Stories like this are reminders why the music industry was shit anyways before it died.

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Can anyone help me on something that I been always wondering? Where the hell is this song on BTO?

It sounded great and when I asked one of the dudes from Finch about it during what would be their final tour- I was told its on the record. What? Where? Am I deaf?

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

And also; does anyone have the Cosmonaut demos? I would love anyone that had a rip to share :verysad:

25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Thanks for writing it, I cannot wait to read it!! Album is their best despite how good Phantasma is, haha.