Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

The three demos are so much better.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Highly disagree. I found the two demos (other is a Oblivion b-side) to be generic and just a continuation of BTO which was fine but not great aside from some key tracks. PHANTASMA is what I always wanted the band to sound like. It reminds me of a more gothic Deftones. I loved World of Violence but this is more focused and cohesive in my opinion.

Either way, you can definitely see conflicting views between Nate and the guys. It sounds almost like two entirely different bands to me.

Yessir.

beachdude42 and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. torres

Regular

If Slash and Axl can re-unite and tour together as Guns N' Roses, then ANYTHING is possible in rock and roll.

I expect Nate and the rest of Finch to make up, break up, make up, and break up again. They will do something together again as long as they are all healthy enough to continue to play music.

On a sidenote, Finch responded to fans on their facebook and twitter regarding the recent events. They are not going to do Finch without Nate.

4. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

..where is Randy?

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Haven't heard either of the released demos. I played Black Roses, and somewhat enjoyed it. Though it looks like a BTO b side.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

He quit last year before they recorded these demos. Daniel won't go into details "yet" but insists it's not because of Nate.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Listen to PHANTASMA. It's great.

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Been listening to Say Hello to Sunshine a ton for the first time in a while since the breakup announcement... still so bummed that the band's history in the aftermath of that album is the way it is. I really do think that album being such a commercial failure led to some fissures within the band that never fully went away, and I can't really blame them. But I still have so much respect for the band for making that album in the first place when they could've played it safe and continued down the path of What It Is to Burn for the rest of their career.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. beachdude

If Nate starts a new project that basically makes music in the vein of Say Hello to Sunshine and the demos he released, I will be a fan 100%.

airik625, KidLightning and Davjs like this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I still think Sunshine is a shit album and WIITB is all I ever liked from this band. Oh well.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Say Hello to Sunshine is incredible

beachdude42 and KidLightning like this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Steve....

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. beachdude

Dammit Steve.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

boring as fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

16. Bane

The spiciest meme

WIITB is more boring for me than Say Hello

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Let's be honest though...SHTS is a great album, it just came at the wrong time. It's almost like there needed to be a transitioning album between WIITB and SHTS.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. Horrorca

Trusted

whoa, not that familiar with Finch, but checking this out now - good sales pitch

mattylikesfilms and beachdude42 like this.
  19. beachdude

Yeah I kind of agree. I feel like they didn't have the right audience to appreciate an album like SHTS either. If it had come out today, at a time when "scene" bands are more niche and have devoted corners of the internet like this one built around covering them, I feel like it would have gotten a lot more favorable coverage and maybe would be considered a modest "success" if it was released on an indie label, as opposed to having to live up to the major label success of an album like WIITB.

20. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

100%.

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. beachdude

I'm starting to work on a retrospective piece on Say Hello to Sunshine and how that album affected Finch's career more generally in the wake of their latest breakup... more broadly it's going to be about the risks and rewards of a big artistic leap such as that album. I'll post it here when it's up.

22. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome. I'll definitely be checking it out.

I know it was the most popular track from the album, but Bitemarks is unbelievably good.

Letterbomb31 and beachdude42 like this.
  23. beachdude

It really is! Everything about that song just blows me away every time.

24. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

It's not like I would really expect a band to do this...but if the album was made around that song I think it would've been way more accessible to their fans at the time. That song truly bridges the gap previously mentioned.

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. Horrorca

Trusted

I love when band's do "wildcard" albums

I am soooo attracted to that - also "go for it" albums

also "transition" albums

beachdude42 likes this.