Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Has to be noted those are demos, even though some sound close to the live renditions from back then. The finished versions of a couple songs they dropped right before their 2010 breakup sounded vastly different iirc.

Mcrx likes this.
  2. Mcrx

Regular

Listened to this for the first time tonight (Cosmonaut). Really cool and really a shame they fell apart.
    Question-how does Nate do those vocals in Planatary Parade? It's like dissonant harmonies with his voice. Seems like it'd be real tricky to follow his vocal line next to that. How's it work? Just curious. I never messed with voice altering devices or whatever they're even called. Lol

mattylikesfilms and angrycandy like this.
  3. renoinexile

To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere

Delivered 6 guitars to the guitarist a couple weeks ago

airik625, torres, Phantoms and 7 others like this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

New record pretty much confirmed

bd007h, airik625, Bartek T. and 6 others like this.
  5. bradsonemanband May 28, 2023
    (Last edited: May 28, 2023)
    It’ll be sorta fun to listen to yet another batch of unfinished recordings from a new album that they never finished on YouTube in a couple years haha

6. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Finch has the opportunity to have as many unreleased albums as they do released.

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

LFG

Phantoms and mattylikesfilms like this.
  8. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

idk, from that post alone I would take that as that's it and they are back to being inactive. kind of like that's it for Finch and we are officially moving on and going back to our regular lives is the next chapter. I know there were was footage of them in a studio around the time of quarantine but I feel like the way that post is worded it's kind of cryptic and could go either way.

Mcrx likes this.
  9. This didn't read as cryptic to me, seems pretty clear cut they're hinting at a new era. Now whether we get to hear new stuff or they abruptly stop again is another issue lol

10. iiiii623498

Regular

honestly that’s how I interpreted it, too. Glad I’m not the only one to think that way. Hopefully we’re wrong!

11. torres

Regular

Pappas on his facebook said "Checked another one off the list. So beyond stoked and thankful for the experience we just had! Time to see what the future is!"

In response, I commented a quote from Back To Oblivion "The future's taking shape" that he liked

Nate's wife also posted about the recent shows and tagged Pappas, so she's super stoked about it too

So of course that must mean that there is more from Finch to come! lol

If they didn't have more in store, I don't think they would have wasted their time rehearsing as many songs from Say Hello To Sunshine as they did and sharing them with all of us.

Mcrx, Crisp X, Brent and 3 others like this.
  12. torres

Regular

2024 is gonna be a hell of a year for Finch and The Get Up Kids

Two massive underdogs who should get plenty of praise for setting a high bar for the bands who followed, and who can still remind everyone just how good they are at what they do

I would include Say Anything as well, but I know people have it out for Max Bemis, so I'm hesitant to show my excitement for them

airik625, chewbacca110 and Paulms85 like this.
  13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

People don’t “have it out” for him. He has continuously caused multiple issues, said and done some extremely questionable things, and has still left people high and dry from paid song shops.

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

What are TGUK even doing this year? Touring? Nothing new I know of...

Joe4th and torres like this.
  15. torres

Regular

25th anniversary tour of Something To Write Home About will be happening next year

They have some new songs recorded that they've been saving too

airik625 and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. torres

Regular

20230623_023515.jpg This arrived at my door step today!

All songs are on Side A

No music on Side B

17. Mass

I don't think they are working on a new album. Pappas has written on facebook they all have a "normal" job, they have children so this is it.
    It's true during the covid they were recoding new music. I have a video (form instagram) where they are listening to a new song (something they were working on I think), but suddenly they deleted the video from Instagram.
    Maybe they were recording some new songs but at a certain point they broke up (as they always do).
    To be realistic, they are too old now, they are touring only to grab money.
    In my opinion, world of violence is the real successor of SHTTS, it contains very sick and dark songs.
    Back to oblivion is more commercial but nothing memorable.
    Phantasma could be great but we'll never know.
    Cosmonaut demos were different, more blues. Also there are other songs from say hello to the sunshine, never recorded on studio, sometimes performed liv.

Also, Nate has released a new song from his bandcamp account. Check it out!

18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

That is a shame if they have indeed broke up again.

19. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Just went to his Facebook page to find what post you're referring to and I see a post from May that he left his job at Southern California Sound Image Inc. Don't know if that's interesting or not?

20. Pretty sure the post above you is speculating like we've all been doing. No one knows what's going on except the individuals in the band themselves.

21. Mass

Guys, It's not a speculation.

chek it out: on facebook,on january 30th, finch have written:

Crystal Pisarczyk We all have jobs and children now etc etc .. I hate to say it but this is really it.. so Chicago will be the closest to Cleveland.

Also, just to be clear I don't like the way Pappas plays drums, I prefer Marcogliese/Allen, so if he left the band this could be an improvement. :-)

22. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Doesn't mean they couldn't have any new music written/recorded, seems like a response for their tour reach

Mcrx and Phantoms like this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nate, Randy, and Alex have been writing and recording new music on and off for a while now.

Between that and the band IG post about the next era now that they’re done with the WIITB anniversary tour - I’m pretty much positive that a new record is, at the very least, being considered.

I’m sure they all have jobs since music doesn’t pay much and Nate is a stay at home dad but I can see them doing shows here and there with a new record out for fun.

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Also yeah; Marc Allen > Alex Pappas

No disrespect but that drumming on SHTS is legendary.

Brent, SuddenUrgeJoey and Phantoms like this.
  25. navidson

Regular

Would they be playing the UK in November if they were winding down?

Phantoms likes this.