Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Mcrx

Regular

well, listening to fireflies now. i've def heard this one...i probably do like this album...maybe even equal or more than WIITB(??) Actually, it might be a lot of the same. WIITB was very eclectic and definitely includes the best songs. But I haven't shut this off so its still good. :P

2. Mcrx

Regular

um...ok, now i'm getting bored. is it just because i want to check something else out, or has it gotten too same same for me?? hmm lol

3. Heron182

Regular

New footage from warped tour 2002

T E A L, Mcrx, Brent and 3 others like this.
  4. What It Is to Burn still slaps so hard. I don't even care.

T E A L, Brent, navidson and 9 others like this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

That album and (especially) Say Hello To Sunshine are scene classics for sure

mattylikesfilms, T E A L and airik625 like this.
  6. Production is so good it doesn’t sound dated at all

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

WIITB forever

Brent, beachdude, T E A L and 2 others like this.
  8. torres

Regular

Just paid for my lyrics to Picasso Trigger (personal favorite Finch song). I cannot wait to get them in the mail from Nate!

Attached Files:

mattylikesfilms and angrycandy like this.
  9. Still wondering if we're going to get something out of this.

Maybe next year?

T E A L, torres, Brent and 5 others like this.
  10. torres

Regular

I'm holding out hope that Finch is not done as long as Nate, Grizz, and Randy can work together.

11. torres

Regular

To add to my last post,

I feel that Nate, Grizz, and Randy are the three integral parts of Finch since to my knowledge, they are the only members to be present on all three released studio albums and even the self-titled EP.

Drummers and bass players will come and go for them. I know they can find skilled musicians who can creatively fit to what they're doing. Of course it would be awesome if Alex Pappas stayed on with them, but they still accomplished Say Hello To Sunshine and the self-titled EP without him on the drums.

Mcrx, mattylikesfilms and beachdude like this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I like Pappas but I’m a much bigger fan of Marc Allen’s drumming. They started following him on the official Finch Instagram while they were writing back in 2019 which had me incredibly excited.

The thought of them having him come back to do some work even if it’s just session work? Amazing. Fingers crossed we get an update in 2022!

torres, Crisp X and beachdude like this.
  13. torres Nov 27, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 1, 2022)
    torres

Regular

20211127_140248.jpg

Guys, I got them in the mail today!!!!!

Brent, Mcrx, Crisp X and 5 others like this.
  14. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

nice

torres likes this.
  15. jmarr

Newbie Supporter

This came up in my Apple Music suggestions today and I guess I missed when Finch changed their name…

Falling Into Place.png

I've seen issues with Apple Music's metadata before, but never something quite like this. And all of their other albums are under Finch. :shrug:

16. irthesteve

oh my god, Dick Finch hahah

17. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Here I thought Finch was another band to be announced to open for MCR or Midtown.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I fucking wish

beachdude and Brent like this.
  19. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Just one of those bands that didn't read their career trajectory right. Say Hello to Sunshine is absolutely amazing and I love it, but it neglected what they built on What It Is To Burn and killed their moment. Every band should progress their sound, but only a few can flip it on it's head and get away with it.

Mcrx, JamesMichael, T E A L and 2 others like this.
  20. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah Say Hello to Sunshine is a classic don’t get me wrong but the fans (including myself at the time) really wanted another What It Is To Burn album with progression.

Admittedly I did come around to Say Hello to Sunshine years later.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Been a SHTS stan since the day the demos leaked on KaZaa like 8 months before the record even came out lol

Record is incredible and a borderline masterpiece in my eyes. It’s a goddamn shame the band never got the praise they deserved for that.

22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Spotify has a new album labeled as Finch… album cover didn’t look like them so I wasn’t disappointed when I checked it lol. It’s just some piano instrumental project, definitely not the same band.

23. irthesteve

is it the Dick Finch album posted here a few posts back?

beachdude and angrycandy like this.
  24. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

doubt we will ever get whatever they were ostensibly working on before the pandemic started but who knows

beachdude likes this.
  25. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Finch probably have more unreleased work than actually released work at this point.