Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

What It Is To Burn is one of the best of a slew of post hardcore albums to come from that early 2000s scene

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Found it. Thanks.

I keep forgetting they released an acoustic record.

3. airik625

meh. It's a good album.

BUT Say Hello To Sunshine is a masterpiece.

inversevictor and Davjs like this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

RIP Finch

5. irthesteve

I would like these demos in a downloadable form!!!

6. irthesteve

Siren Song is really awesome

7. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

Really curious if they locked Nate out of the social media accounts BECAUSE they were afraid he'd jump the gun and announce the breakup. Or if the rest of the band didn't even consider it a breakup, but they had a falling out with Nate and pushed him to posting this today. Something feels off about the whole thing.

8. Bane

The spiciest meme

Damn man I was waiting for a followup to Back to Oblivion, which I really enjoyed AND I really enjoy these demos. Say Hello to Sunshine is fantastic. What It Is To Burn is decent.

airik625 likes this.
  9. Bane

The spiciest meme

Alright going into the demos more I'm now getting more and more upset because they're really fucking good. Fuuuuuuck

10. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Reposting this from the article:

I think the problem with Finch is for them to stay together they need some form of popularity going to keep them motivated and they got that with the What It's Like To Burn X tour. It seemed to re-energised them and it was without a doubt the best I'd seen them live.

I think everyone was expecting a return to the What It's Like To Burn sound but was disappointed with Oblivion (I too was one of them but it was a solid release) so it got pushed by the wayside and they lost steam.

Massive shame these dudes had it in them for another great album.

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just found out.

Say Hello is a very underrated album imo.

12. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Ender is so solid.

13. airik625

14. Here's some other songs that the other guys in Finch posted today:

15. irthesteve

MORE demos? oh man

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. i like these 3 that the other Finch dudes posted a lot more than the ones that Nate posted... i guess that proves their creative differences.

17. irthesteve

Oh wow... these three are way better. Listening to both though... you can tell there are definitely artistic differences

18. exactly.

if they had used these 3 songs and expanded on this sound, they could have had a really great album...

19. Bane

The spiciest meme

Nothing against the 3 songs because I like them but I think the ones Nate released kicks the shit out of them haha, best case scenario we could have gotten all of them though!

Davjs and kyle like this.
  20. irthesteve

Reading through the comments on the Finch post is interesting but definitely more of a bummer, I wish the band could have worked together better

21. What's this World Of Violence record/demos all about? I never heard of it.

22. Response from the band...

23. irthesteve

Would like a comprehensive Finch Demos release as a bookend to this band

24. torres

Regular

I have to sit down and figure out Finch's entire song catalog. They have released so much "unreleased" material. I want to create my own make-believe Finch boxset that includes every single song they have ever recorded that has come to light up to now.

I doubt this is truly it for Finch. I look at their breakups as part of the band's identity and story.

Regardless of the band's turmoil, downfalls, unfulfilled potential, and missed opportunities, they managed to write and record A LOT of music.

25. Bane

The spiciest meme

Whether they continue as a band or not, doesn't look likely that it'll be with Nate. Which is fine if they can find a vocalist that can really work it, but I will admit Nate will be hard to replace.