Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

OH MY GOD I THINK I'M BLIIIIIIIIIIND

trevorshmevor, airik625 and Crisp X like this.
  2. Rowan5215

"Ender" is such a transparent attempt to do a "Goodbye Sky Harbor", but goddamn, I don't even care. it takes you on such a journey

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. Mcrx

Regular

I keep forgetting they had more than one album! lol Happy birthday!! I should check this out again (or in full finally) like soon! :D

4. Mcrx

Regular

oh is it?? I haven't listened to that album in so long! I'll have to do a comparison...again, soon! ;) I really like Ender and also really remember liking a lot of JEW. I'm most familiar with the album with "The Middle" or "Middle" on it. heheh like I said, it's been a while! :P

Brent likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ehh I don't think I can agree here, that kinda makes a claim that Jimmy Eat World invented the long multi-part album finale

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

weird claim for sure

7. Rowan5215

that's not the claim I'm making lol. I'm saying these are two pop-punk/emo albums, both produced by Mark Trombino, and both end with a 10+ minute epic which begins as a standard band track and evolves constantly over its runtime through the use of electronics and vocal reprises from earlier in the song

again, it's not a bad thing, I love both songs, but the comparison is there

8. Mcrx

Regular

I just listened to both again and Ender is only like 5 minutes according to this (below). Yeah, I prefer Ender. I think the JEW song spends more than half that time repeating the same like 3 notes over and over. The main song is ok, but the second half gets old quick!

9. irthesteve

Ender is 13 minutes long bud

Brent and Rowan5215 like this.
  10. irthesteve

fair enough!

Rowan5215 likes this.
  11. Mcrx

Regular

k, "bud"! lol :P I figured it had to be a goof. I do remember a long song, but i guess they cut the YouTube one (??) I dunno. I'm tired. I'll have to listen to the album version sometime...i don't think I can play Spotify. I mean, I'm not subscribed or anything with it so...fyi

12. You can even if you're not a subscriber. However, there are ads every four/five songs and there are other restrictions too.

Mcrx likes this.
  13. Mcrx Jun 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 24, 2020)
    Mcrx

Regular

So I'm finally listening to this album. Still love the opening track so much! :D

so far I'm totally enjoying this!

Crisp X and iiiii623498 like this.
  14. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Is Say Hello...actually really good? I hated it when it was released, but listening again 15 years later, it holds up really well.

Mcrx and mattylikesfilms like this.
  15. irthesteve

i still think it's pretty bad, but a lot of people think it's a hidden gem

Brent, kyle and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. Yeah, I never liked it much back then, and probably like it even less now, ha. Oh well.

irthesteve likes this.
  17. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

ahead of its time

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s good

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It kicks ass. It’s really about the only Finch album I still listen to.

Brent, Rowan5215 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  20. It's their best release by far.

Rowan5215 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  21. irthesteve

no way in hell

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yes way - Say Hello to Sunshine is their Magnum Opus :-)

Rowan5215 likes this.
  23. mattylikesfilms Jul 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2020)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

A lot of fans hated it upon its initial release and I get it. Everyone was expecting WIITB pt. 2 and waited 3 long years for it. I remember downloading the KaZaa leak months prior (don’t worry - I absolutely preordered the CD/shirt combo when it was dropped) so I already knew what was coming and loved it from the very first listen.. but I can image the shock it was for some who were not prepared.

The thing is that the scene changed drastically from 2002 and I’m glad they didn’t make the record everyone expected. It would have been boring, generic, and forgettable. I love WIITB but does the record hold up as well as it did in 2002 for me? Hell no. Maybe half of it does?

Sunshine though? Holds up better than ever.

Finch will always be one of my favorite bands for life purely based off their work on Sunshine. It’s one of my all time favorite records.

I listen to all their stuff but it’s Sunshine 80% of the time for sure lol

24. Off hand I can't think of another record that demolished a band's career, practically overnight, with a "sophomore slump" that they never recovered from.

25. irthesteve

I certainly can't think of another offhand. Plenty of bands had stylistic changes from one record to another, but I can't think of another where it killed their career like Finch