Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Mcrx

Regular

listening to the podcast now. Enjoyable and interesting...but I keep getting distracted and missed some stuff. lol

like, it makes me appreciate Nate even more...and he hated high school too?! awe! :D

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

cool to know Nate also loves Seinfeld

3. Mcrx

Regular

awe! he doesn't want to make his fans feel bad even in they're annoying him. lol (not verbaitum, but i guess I'd call myself an annoying fan lol)

Has anyone here met Nate or anyone from Finch?

beachdude and angrycandy like this.
  4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I've met Grizz and Randy a few times but never Nate, sadly

SlappinCups, beachdude and Mcrx like this.
  5. The part about being a joyful child then turning into an introverted and moody teenager then adult hit so hard lol

6. Mcrx

Regular

yeah i think i was in and out for that part. lol

I'm at the part where he's talking about the freeing feeling of being on stage. :D

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Same. Grizz and R2K were lovely dudes every time I said hi - I imagine it’s the same for Nate.

8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Grew up in Temecula... older brother had some classes with them. They were my first show and have always been awesome anytime I went to their shows... had beers with them and the guys from counterfit in their van at one show, green room in another. Also, the current bassist was my middle school/high school church counselor. Ran into R2k at six flags magic mountain one time.

9. Mcrx

Regular

So cool!

So like how old are these guys anyway? I'm guessing they can't be that much older than you, or well Nate looks young anyway.

Speaking of Nate, and well I don't wanna bring up past drama...but I'm gonna. It sounds like he got the raw end of the deal with the whole breakup situation. No? Thoughts anyone? I mean, perhaps I'm projecting my own rejection from a group, but I'm curious what you folks think because I never had anyone to talk to about this at the time. Anyone?

10. I think they were all born between 1982 and 1984

As for the third breakup, everything he talked about in that one podcast led me to side with him, but it's tough to say as we only got his side of the story

11. Mcrx

Regular

Thanks!

Ok. Yeah, I just thought I may have missed something. Yeah I saw that podcast (or heard it. Sorry I tired) and that's where I got my opinion.

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah early 80’s given they were the same Hs class (give or take a year) as my older brother, who was born in 82.

Mcrx and beachdude like this.
  13. Mcrx Jan 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 26, 2020)
    Mcrx

Regular

I read on Nate's IG today that on June (?) 2014 it was his 33rd bday so that makes him 38 and born in 1980. Right?

Anyhoo, been watching live show YT vids the past two days. Right now this one. They performed in 2018?

omg, they played Stay With Me??!! Love that song!

14. Wait, was this in 2018? Wasn't aware of it

beachdude likes this.
  15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah, I feel like that has to be an older video, right?

16. May 2015, they played with Yellowcard and The Downtown Fiction apparently

beachdude likes this.
  17. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

18. Mcrx

Regular

Lol yeah you answered your own question! This was from their last tour i believe. But apparently they did have 1 show in 2017 and one in 2018.

19. I'm not sure about 2017, but the 2018 one was probably Nate and Randy playing as "Finch" at Emo Nite.

Mcrx and beachdude like this.
  20. Mcrx

Regular

More Finch listening today. Lol oddly it was because Post Script starts playing at the end of The Used s song Box of Sharp Objects, so technically I went from the Used to Finch, but we'll here we are. ;)
    Btw, this is a really great video but it's too dark IMO.

Brent and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  21. Brent Jun 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2020)
    Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Happy 15th birthday to SHTS. Tried looking for my CD Release show ticket (with Vendetta Red opening up for them) but couldn't find it...

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

SHTS is a goddamn masterpiece. I’ll be spinning it tonight in its honor.

23. iiiii623498

Regular

I know it’s a long shot, but does anyone have decent quality versions of the demos to the scrapped World of Violence album? I know someone went through and cleaned up the Phantasma demos, and was wondering if anyone had a lead on the other album

Brent likes this.
  24. I don't think it exists unfortunately. I wish they would find a way to release the final versions like they did for that Epilogue release.

iiiii623498 and Brent like this.
  25. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

May be able to get them... I’ll reach out.