Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

One of my favorite moments of his on any song ever is during Revelation Song at “Matchstick start the fire
    Pinpoint the blame
    and through the trees I scream your name”

And then he just goes off like a maniac being dragged into the psych ward. I love it.

2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Revisiting this album thanks to this thread. Still fucking killer.

3. The 2008 EP and the demos that leaked afterwards had so much potential. I'm revisiting a few of them and hearing some Cave In influences that never crossed my mind before. This band had something special, and it's just a shame all of it has been wasted. I can't think of a bigger "what could have been" band in the genre.

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

yeah. :tear:

they were my favorite band for years and years. think I’ve seen them live more than any other band (although mewithoutYou is close) and it’s just a shame

5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

that last album wasn’t great but it did give us one of the all-time great Finch songs in “Inferium”

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It pains me to think what finished studio versions of “Lip Readers”, “Calamity at Sea”, “Glitter”, “The Beverly Chillbillies”, and “Legend Has It” would sound like. Would have been some of their best work ever.

Same goes for some of their songs off Phantasma. “Siren song”, “In Ruins”, “Point and Click”, and “Phantasma” are all killer too.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I definitely was let down by the record as well but man... Picasso Trigger and Inferium still give me chills. So good.

beachdude and angrycandy like this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ok one thing I never figured out is what song is in this promo video for Oblivion?!

Randy told me it’s on the record but I feel like I’m taking crazy pills cause I don’t think it is?

Edit: it’s a bonus track on the Japanese release. I wish it was available to download online. I love this song.

9. Bane

The spiciest meme

That stuff released in prep for a new album, Phantasma, was pretty sweet as well tbh

beachdude and angrycandy like this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is a demo for Oblivion that never made the cut:

Never heard it until just now. It’s very mediocre for what the band is capable of.

11. drewinseries

Drew

A Piece of Mind is so damn good.

12. Davjs

Trusted

Brother Bleed Brother and Piece of Mind is such a killer back to back.

I need to relisten to that album today, it's been too long. Reduced to Teeth, Insomniac Meat and Bitmarks are probably in my top 5 Finch songs.

13. drewinseries

Drew

I wish Nate was making more rock style music. I wish they released album 4. I wish for a lot of things. Currently listening to Monuments, such a banger.

14. drewinseries

Drew

Agreed, Ink is up there for me too.

mattylikesfilms, beachdude and Davjs like this.
  15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yep, SHTS is still a masterpiece. I still listen to it all the time.

16. drewinseries

Drew

My yellow variant is one of my favorite vinyls that I own.

mattylikesfilms and beachdude like this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

Yes! I have never been too big on Revelation Song, but if that wasn't track 2, that'd be a great 5 punch hit to start the album.

18. drewinseries

Drew

Also, the verse for Picasso Trigger is such high Finch for me. The chorus doesn't vibe as much, but that intro riff and the verse are just great.

mattylikesfilms and beachdude like this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

The ending to Reduced to Teeth and Messenger by Thrice have the same sound/type of ending. I love it.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  20. Just posting this to make sure y’all heard it. Nate sounds fantastic

21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yep. Back to Oblivion definitely has several tracks that show the talent the band still had... but overall that album just falls short of its potential for me, it feels like a band that doesn’t know which direction it wants to take.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  22. DesolateEarth

Birb

What??? Revelation Song is fantastic!

beachdude likes this.
  23. drewinseries

Drew

I think they are best when they embrace the nu nu, and get weird like SHTS. Although I love that unreleased demo Monuments, which is pretty straight forward.

beachdude likes this.
  24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

From start to finish. Even the bonus tracks/b-sides are fantastic. Peak Finch.

beachdude likes this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

:worried: sorry. Maybe I'll come back around to it.

beachdude and DesolateEarth like this.