Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Do you figure he owns the Finch name?

2. Yeah, that's what I figure, but that's only an assumption. I don't really know what their deal is, but I hiiiiighly doubt it'll be anyone other than Nate up there.

mattylikesfilms and beachdude42 like this.
  3. Bane

The spiciest meme

Which is weird because he seemed pretty set with Private Lives, at least for what I saw. So you'd think he would be trying to push that more instead of Finch.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. $$

bradsonemanband and beachdude42 like this.
  5. Horrorca

Trusted

Goldenvoice doing an emo festival

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms Nov 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 9, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Definitely Nate doing acoustic which hey.. you do what you gotta do to stay in the spotlight. I can’t be mad at it. Still waiting for my Private Lives vinyl to come in though...

beachdude42 and Davjs like this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So Randy posted on his FB that it’s actually both Nate and him doing the acoustic set together... interesting.

8. Bane

The spiciest meme

So Randy left right before the rest of the band ended right? That adds another layer to the fuckery that is the Finch band timeline, geez

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Nate and Randy should just carry on the band with new members

they're the only two that anyone would care about anyway

10. Davjs

Trusted

Has shitty as that sounds, you are not wrong lol. I would still like it, especially if they touched up Phantasma and put it out.

11. beachdude

Yeah agreed. Out of the Speak the Truth guys, only Alex Linares was in the band during the SHTS era... Pappas was only there for WIITB and the last reunion, and Daniel was ONLY a member for the reunions. Nate and Randy have at least as much a claim to being Finch as those guys do.

12. I'm just glad that Randy's come out of the shadows

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nate just posted that the Private Lives vinyl will ship on the 1st! It’s been a long wait but I’m stoked. I recommend everyone who hasn’t checked it out- to do so! Muchhhhhhhh better than Speak The Truth.

Just sayin’

Bryan Diem and beachdude42 like this.
  14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Randy's guitar parts are one of the best things about the band, so if he and Nate got jamming without the baggage of everything else, I think dope stuff would come out.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

100%

16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

And the dude who drummed on Sunshine was a boss. I think he was also involved with Weatherbox around Cosmic Drama, but I'm not 100%

Davjs likes this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yup you’re talking about Marc Allen who played with Weatherbox but nothing was ever recorded by him since he played after Afghan Guitar came out and before Flies was recorded.

If memory serves me right- he played on the preproduction demos but Flies was essentially recorded twice since Brian tried to do it on his own and it ended up sounding like shit lol.

Marc was asked to come back to Finch too the first time they reunited back in 2008 and he declined which is why Nate asked Drew who used to play in his (underrated and amazing) band Cosmonauts. Marc does stuff with his brother and friends in the band Helen Earth Band but that’s pretty much dead now.

He just surfs in SD now from what I see lol.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Can you pm me some cosmonaut stuff? I need to listen to it still haha.

Who played drums on TCD? that's some choice drumming

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

For sure my dude! I gotta head to work now (it's on my personal mac) but PM me your email address and I'll do it tonight or tomorrow morning!

Bryan Diem likes this.
  20. As time goes by, I realize more and more how much influence Say Hello To Sunshine had on me as a guitarist and songwriter. It's incredible how well it holds up compared to most of the stuff that was put out in the scene by their peers. It's such a timeless piece of art.

I'm also bumping this thread because I've been rediscovering the excellent and unfortunately broken up Exotic Animal Petting Zoo, whose second album Tree Of Tongues, I recommend strongly.

RIYL: Finch's Say Hello To Sunshine, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Cave In, Faith No More, Arcane Roots, math-y metal in general.

21. beachdude

I will definitely be checking that band out based on the similar artists! Also, I obviously totally agree with you about SHTS. Such a shame that it never got the recognition it deserves.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. Enjoy! Just wanted to add that their first album is a little bit heavier and more on the math-y side, with even some jazzy guitar work thrown in it.

beachdude likes this.
  23. DesolateEarth

Birb

Still love Say Hello To Sunshine. Nothing else in their discography has really stuck with me but that album still rips 13 years later.

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is pretty solid- thanks for sharing!

Also, SHTS is goddamn epic. Been a fan since the record demos leaked like 6-8 months before the release via KaZaa (remember that shit?) and most people hated it but I knew it was special.

13 years later and it still very much is.

25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

This Exotic Animal stuff is cool but man it just reminds me that Nate's screams are otherworldly on SHTS