Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Texas/\Hockey

These wounds were ruptured at the stitch

Has anyone listened to Bury Me? Nates screaming in that song just sound so epic to me. Gives me the feels

mattylikesfilms, Davjs and Bryan Diem like this.
  2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Awesome song

3. Texas/\Hockey

I was listening to the song "so long" by earthbound ghost (old side project of Nate) and I was thinking, this song could have been on the suicide squad soundtrack. I think it definitely has that vibe. What do you think?

4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

You guys like Gak 2? I love the mathy guitar freak outs

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Absolutely. Love every song on SHTS; even the bonus tracks.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Same, even Spanish Fly. I do wish they had included Worms of the Earth on the vinyl tracklist, even though it's not a SHTS song. Just would have felt more complete.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Love Gak2 and Worms.

8. airik625

Does Nate's Private Lives project have a release date?

9. Texas/\Hockey

Not that I know of for sure. Their website mentions something about aug 31 as the expected date, but That might just be an estimate

mattylikesfilms and airik625 like this.
  10. mattylikesfilms Jul 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 24, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nate released it digitally to his backers on PledgeMusic today! The record is sounding pretty damn good guys!! Think of an electronic version of Cosmonaut with actual instruments. I am really digging it! It's going to sound very nice on 180g vinyl :-)

I highly recommend Nate fans to pick it up, you will not be disappointed: Private Lives: No Future Album

Edit: Nate just told me that the pledge campaign is closed but he will be posting a link tomorrow to buy it digitally. I'll update this post when he posts it!

11. airik625

Awesome. Thanks for the update and looking forward to the next one!

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hey everyone! Enjoy!

I would check out "Second Sun", "No Future", "Man of Faith", and "Limitless". If you're into it- buy it! Support Nate :-)

airik625 and beachdude42 like this.
  13. Texas/\Hockey

I recommend Electric Sheep, sounds......I don't know how to describe it , other than amazing.

And No Future, it has an epic, unexpected jam in the end.

Moon Machines reminds me of Albatross 1 from cosmonaut, it's growing on me. I can't wait for my lyric book!

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Man, I wish I got the lyric book! I wasn't sure if I would dig the album tbh but I wanted to support Nate so I got the signed vinyl. Excited for that to come in!

Texas/\Hockey likes this.
  15. Texas/\Hockey

I can try to take some good pics of it when I get it if you'd like. My wife got it for me for Father's Day! Best gift ever!

What's your fav song on the album right now?

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hell yeah! That's awesome man. I would say it's the title track with "Electric Sheep" coming in a close second!

You?

17. Texas/\Hockey

Yeah those 2 are amazing! I LOVE the ending of No Future, definitely surprised me. I love the verse in Electric Sheep "My minds a vital prism" I'm not going to try to spell the rest lol. Also, Moon Machines is growing on me. The only one that I don't care much for right now is The Little Things

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm with you on all of that. "The Little Things" is very meh to me. Overall, pretty solid debut! Hope things gets rolling for them!

19. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Will this be available for streaming at some point? Even purchasing in iTunes?

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nate said he's hoping to have it up on streaming services like Spotify soon. The Bandcamp media player I posted is worth using till then :-)

truelovewaits likes this.
  21. airik625

Just wanted to say how much I love the live acoustic cover of "Mad World" that they did for Rolling Stone almost 15 years ago.

22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

LMAO ARE YOU SERIOUS

[​IMG]

23. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Jesus Christ

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

[​IMG]

25. it's just going to be Nate doing an acoustic set, I assume.

Bryan Diem, Davjs and beachdude42 like this.