Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Oct 19, 2016.

1. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Finch was an American post-hardcore band from Temecula, California. The band released an EP Falling Into Place and two full-length albums, What It Is to Burn and Say Hello to Sunshine before declaring a hiatus in 2006. Finch reformed in 2007, playing a reunion show on November 23 at the Glasshouse in Pomona, California. They released a self-titled EP a year later, and were in the process of writing their third studio album when they disbanded in late 2010. After playing a group of shows commemorating the ten-year anniversary of What It Is to Burn in 2012, Finch signed with Razor & Tie in 2014 and revealed that they were working on a new studio album. The album was titled Back to Oblivion and released on September 30, 2014.

2. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Nate posted these raw tracks from their unreleased album today.

Nate Barcalow

beachdude42 and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. 9 tracks, awesome!

beachdude42 and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  4. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

They're actually really good!

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

IMG_4480.PNG

bradsonemanband and beachdude42 like this.
  6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Interesting that these were posted the same day as the new band's debut single... these were going to be the follow-up to their last album?

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  7. beachdude

8. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Yea...it's really unfortunate.

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. beachdude

"This is my only outlet to 'speak the truth'"

Does NOT sound like an amicable breakup with that shot at the new band's name...

10. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yea, it sounds super messy. I'm wondering if and when Randy will have anything to say.

bradsonemanband and beachdude42 like this.
  11. beachdude

This is one of those bands that just wasn't meant to be together for long huh...

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  12. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

They've been so on and off again for how long now...I guess you can say they've been like that from the start, but damn did they put out some good shit.

Letterbomb31 and beachdude42 like this.
  13. minty901

Hey now. Look at you. Way cool.

they finished a whole album a few years ago that got abandoned when they split up. then they reformed and started from scratch. anyone know if the world of violence album ever made it to the web?

kyle and beachdude42 like this.
  14. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it was only 2 or 3 tracks.

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. minty901

damn. those tracks and the demo album was really promising too. preferred it to what came after.

beachdude42 and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  16. beachdude

The raw demos sounded super promising :( So bummed they broke up again.

17. Where in the world is Randy?

ChrisCantWrite and beachdude42 like this.
  18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Sad they broke up again man!

I think I have the original World Of Violance album from one of the band members somewhere need to dig that out.

19. minty901

not even the demos? the finished product?

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. SilverScreen

Nihil Nihil

Completely forgot about this band.

What It Is To Burn was released 14 1/2 years ago. I officially feel old.

21. JamesMichael

It was the demos for sure it came in a zip with notes from one of the band members listing the songs along with notes. I guess for the other members to pick up so by no means finished.

Not sure if I have the notes bit anymore but definitely got the files.

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I didn't even realize they were still together before I just found out they broke up ha. In fact, I just went back and started listening to Back To Oblivion again. I definitely like it more than I did when it was first released.

- which band member wrote that post?

Can't tell if the "speak the truth" bit was sarcasm or real.

Also, I didn't know Nate was involved in another project, Private Lives. Anyone listened to it? I plan on checking it out later this evening. Is there any more material than the three tracks on their bandcamp?

Can someone post a link to those demos? I don't have an instagram so I can't go into that post and click on the link.

23. minty901

i have the world of violence demos but when they split up they said something along the lines of the album is actually finished and ready to be released, but because they split up they didnt bother releasing it. demos are great and i bet the finished thing was awesome.

24. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

The post was from Nate's Instagram. If you're referring to their most recent demos I've posted them further up on the page.

25. JamesMichael

Didn't know that I thought the demos were the last point they got to.

They should definitely release a huge b-side and rarities cd/s.

airik625 likes this.