Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Live at Endfest (Throwback Thursday)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

For this week’s “Throwback Thursday” gallery I wanted to go back into the archives to see what I had stored on film. That’s when I found an old box of photos from Finch playing at Endfest on June 22nd, 2002. I’d been looking for this box for a very long time. It’s insane to think that it has been 5,053 days, or 13 years and 10 months, since these images were captured. But what’s even more crazy to me is that it was a short three months after What it is to Burn was released. Finch were just becoming the it band of the moment and I still remember the day I first heard that album. You can find the gallery below and I hope these bring back some memories of the days when Drive-Thru Records ruled the world.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    A small group of friends and I packed in the car and took a quick road trip from Portland up to the Gorge Amphitheater just east of Seattle. End Fest was a staple in the Northwest for showcasing some of our favorite bands in the upcoming alternative scene. This year was no different, Finch shared the stage that day with Jimmy Eat World, Dashboard Confessional, Vendetta Red, Hot Rod Circuit, and many others others.

[​IMG]
    by Dave Gaslin

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    by Dave Gaslin

I hope you enjoy the images just as much as I did re-discovering them.

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

This band choked SO hard on dick on their sophomore album. Basically killed their career.

3. Cornerb0y

Load"*",8,1

These photos are fantastic. Its a shame people still don't appreciate what this band has done for so many, as well as how great of an album Sunshine is.

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Still never checked out their second record, I've heard a lot of people praise it recently

5. davegaslin

I understand why you could say that, however I don't think I would take it as far as you did. I despised that record when it came out, I was disappointed in the direction they went(to say the least) and as Ryan said, a lot of people have been praising that record, as it's one that I think really needs time to settle.

6. Cornerb0y

Load"*",8,1

Honestly, from what I've heard/read, it was Derek that killed the band, and he was the reason they split. I think Finch was ultimately prepared for the backlash from people, even if it was as big as it was.

7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I'll always respect the hell out of this band for refusing to stick with the sound that made them so popular in the first place. WIITB is still a lot of fun to listen to, but I love the leap and risk they took with SHTS and everything they did afterward. Few bands have the balls to do that, especially when there was still so much money to be made in that scene.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I love SHTS so much. It's a shame the record didn't get the love it deserved.

This.

9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Best. Record. Ever.

mattylikesfilms and Cornerb0y like this.