Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Finch Call it Quits • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Tylar

Call it ignorance but it wasn't clear to me that they were even together.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  2. scroopy.noopers

: (

I knew their reunion was bogus anyways; they just wanted their hands in the cash bucket of nostalgia tours.

3. Mike

I feel exactly the same way. These demos are great! Really hoping that he releases these as mp3s, I'd definitely like to spin these offline.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So many of these songs sound like a gothic experimental Deftones which is the perfect sound for this band IMO. UGH. This is really bumming me out now.

Bryan Diem and angrycandy like this.
  5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Not true at all.

They are pretty good quality for youtube and mp3fiber is ripping them in solid quality for me. Just gotta choose 320kbps of course.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

When did R2K leave? Was anything officiallyrics announced?

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It wasn't ever announced but I heard through the grapevine he was gone and then shit went downhill.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

99% certain that audio on youtube videos is 128 kbps AAC, so transcoding to 320 doesn't actually get you 320

trevorshmevor and ibanez966 like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh I'm sure you're right. It just sounds the best for itunes. I ripped the whole thing and it sounds pretty damn good.

10. SayHello

Regular

2019: Re-re-re-reunion tour, or something like that.

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

WIITB 20 year anniversary tour.

12. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Prestigious

"Extreamly"

13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I think the problem with Finch is for them to stay together they need some form of popularity going and they got that with the What It's Like To Burn X tour. It seemed to re-energised them and it was without a doubt the best I'd seen them live.

I think everyone was expecting a return to the What It's Like To Burn sound but was disappointed with Oblivion (I too was one of them but it was a solid release) so it got pushed by the wayside and they lost steam.

Massive shame these dudes had it in them for another great album.

14. pbueddi

Trusted

saw them when they opened for yellowcard on the lift a sail tour. absolutely hated them. lead singer seemed drunk and was rude to the crowd, who clearly had only come to see yellowcard.

15. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I saw them in either 07 or 08 with SKSK and FFTL. The entire venue cleared out after Scary Kids. It was a 1200 person club too.

16. serotonin Oct 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2016)
    serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Is there nobody here that liked Say Hello to Sunshine? That album was the best.

These demos are... damn, they're actually really good. I haven't even listened to their latest album, but I'm liking this.

Edit: here not hear. Whoops.

17. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I think a lot of people here like Say Hello to Sunshine. I definitely consider it to be a grower album, though. I've had it since it's release, but wasn't able to fully digest it until recently.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm a huge fan of SHTS. A lot of fans started to warm up to the record years after it came out but I been all about that record since the demos leaked almost a year before the record came out on Kazaa (lol). I still remember the day the cd pre order came in.

These demos are low key better than Back to Oblivion but I would still check that record out. "Play Dead", "Picasso Trigger", "Two Guns to the Temple", "Tarot", and "Inferium" are all great on that record.

angrycandy and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The EP they released the last time they broke up (with Hail to the Fire, World of Violence, and their perfect cover of Bury White) is damn good. Listening to it now and it's making my morning great.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  20. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

not a huge fan of that record but Inferium is one of the best songs they ever wrote imo

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Definitely. That song gives me chills.

angrycandy likes this.
  22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

same here. that chorus. just a really beautiful song

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  23. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Inferium is fantastic. Definitely my favorite track from BTO.

mattylikesfilms and angrycandy like this.
  24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yep this sounds about right.

25. Davjs

Trusted

This is a bummer but we got a new album and an amazing acoustic album with this comeback so it's not a total bust. Stay with Me acoustic is better than the original IMO, even though that's a tall order.

After they broke up the first time, I didn't think I'd get anymore finch so to get another full album, acoustic album, EP and all those unreleased songs is a dream. The new ones Nate put up sound awesome so far, will def be ripping and jamming in my car.

I love that EP. From Hell and Chinese Organ are some of my favorites by them. Bury White is an amazing cover, agreed.

I seem to always agree with you on movies/music btw. :-)

Nooooooo, they toured a bunch and released a new cd. A majority of people just wanted the What It Is To Burn shows and songs, so that may be why it seems like that but I believe they tried to move past that album.