Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game • Page 83

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. lightning

2. Philll

Trusted

3. lightning

Took a break - will be back on it and 7 eventually. :-)

Philll and theagentcoma like this.
  4. lightning

Square Enix's Tetsuya Nomura Says Final Fantasy VII Remake Is Proceeding Smoothly - Game Informer

Philll likes this.
  5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Bump

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Who here has actually beaten FF9?

theagentcoma and Davjs like this.
  8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

yup, it's been about 15 years though

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I got to the end, got my ass kicked then the file was lost a few years ago. Ugh.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That happened me with VIII. Beat Ultimecia and the disc was scratched so the ending cut scene would never finish

11. Philll

Trusted

Twice, and I would do it again. It's the best.

oldjersey likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

With the snes classic I finally played ff3 (or 6)for the first time. Good lord what a game. Probably has one of the best gaming moments ever (top 5 for sure).

And since I've only played 7 and forward, you bet your ass I played as a Moogle the entire time. I thought they were just background characters in the other games.

oldjersey likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

I haven't played 9 in about 15 years as well. Isn't the twist at the end just a copy of Goku's dbz origin? I do remember loving the game though and need to play it again.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I found a file that's halfway played already I'm gonna try and actually beat it. The end boss was so hard from what I recall.

Philll likes this.
  15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Have you played 4 yet? 6 is probably the best and my most played. I like to say 7 is my favorite/best but idk. My heart tells me 6.

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

6,8,9,4 are my favourites. 7 and 10 just behind

oldjersey likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

which one is ix

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

My top 5 would probably be:
    Tactics

That run on the playstation was so good. I think I'll bust out my PS and play 9 again with all this talk!

I haven't! I started with 7 on the PS and only went forward. I was a Genesis kid so missed out on all Snes titles...until now!

I recently platinum-ed the release of 7 on the PS4, so I'll say that I still think 7 is better just because there is sooo much more to it.

I think that's an unfair comparison because of the hardware limitations honestly.

oldjersey likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

So now that I have joined the club and played 6.... why the fuck are we getting a remake of 7 instead of 6?

7 still holds up! Not that 6 doesn't, but it has way more to gain with the new graphics and more capabilities of a new system. Imagine the mech battles! Now I'm just mad lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It's funny though, now that we are so removed from both SNES and PS1, I enjoy the SNESs art style and graphics so much more than PS1. 6 just has so much spririt and special energy to it, but 7 does too. Ouy I have no idea. 1a, 1b type of deal.

Davjs likes this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

7 remake is gonna be fascinating when it comes out in 2028

theagentcoma and Davjs like this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

6 def had more comedy and I loved the chibi style sprites. A remake would def lose that charm which would suck.

shooting kind of low for that aren't you?

oldjersey likes this.
  23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

8 needs a remake more than any of them IMO and I’ll preach that forever

Shakriel likes this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm gonna call you Joe8th for now on

Joe4th likes this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I hope I love something someday as much as a Moogle loves Kupo Nuts.