Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game • Page 81

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. lightning

First run of FF7 and I'm finally at the 60th floor of the Shinra Building. I know I still have a ways to go but I want to finally finish this & 10 this year.

Joe4th, Kvothe, theagentcoma and 2 others like this.
  2. lightning

3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

first run? Awesome! What do you think so far?

lightning likes this.
  4. GBlades

Trusted

I hadn't player 7 but 10 is my favourite FF. The storyline is just incredible and I could get lost in that for hours. I played 7 afterwards and it was fantastic!!

lightning likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

FFX is still the only one of the original 10 I haven't played...

6. GBlades

Trusted

People give it a bad rep but I was so taken in by the story; especially towards the end.

Joe4th, lightning and theagentcoma like this.
  7. lightning

8. lightning

i'm intrigued and liking it as much as i thought i would - the story is really something. i'm used to turn based jRPGs (I loved World of Final Fantasy - under rated as fuck), so I've got the hang of the battle system. It's just the movement is a bit clunky :P and I'm crappy at figuring out puzzles/I get lost a bit easily, so I have to use a walkthrough often xD

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. theagentcoma

Haha yeah the game did not age well graphics wise. And every FF has a random monster/boss/island you're not supposed to get to at an early point in the game and then you die lol so a walkthrough is sometimes necessary

lightning likes this.
  10. lightning

Woweeeee, so the Jenova specimen escaped, ewww @ all the blood.

Anthony_, theagentcoma and Joe4th like this.
  11. lightning

Damn, four bosses in a row.

Finally made it to the world map.

Anthony_, theagentcoma and Joe4th like this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just learned that the snake on the world map is based on the world serpent.

Joe4th and theagentcoma like this.
  13. theagentcoma

That first step into the overworld after being in the city for all those hours....nothing like it

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Got tickets for A New World

15. lightning May 3, 2018
    (Last edited: May 3, 2018)
    lightning

the music in this tho...

EDIT - Found out it's called "The Maker's Ruin". Cool. Hopefully I can get back into FFXIV one day.

16. lightning

"Upon its original launch seven years ago, Final Fantasy XIV was ... not great. Players complained of incomplete quests, UI issues, repeated assets, poor performance, and plenty more problems. Our Final Fantasy XIV Online review said the game lacked character, cohesion, and joy, and we gave it a 4/10. Square Enix's CEO even said the game "greatly damaged" the Final Fantasy brand. Not a great start, I'm sure you'll agree.

After the game's servers were shut down in 2012 and a PS3 version was canceled, Square Enix eventually decided to replace the MMO with a completely reworked version of the game called Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, which launched for PC in 2013. Thankfully, A Realm Reborn improved on pretty much every area of the original Final Fantasy XIV, from crafting to traversal, from its combat to its open world. That PS3 version finally made it out and was joined by a PS4 edition, which we thought was even better than the PC version. In addition, a bunch of free content updates and more extensive DLC packs have continually improved the game: Heavensward added 40 hours of excellent new story content, while Stormblood--released in June--introduced a whole new undersea world along with another 50 hours of campaign content. In short, Final Fantasy XIV is a completely different beast to the one that disappointed fans the world over in 2010--it's never been so good, and it's definitely worth another look if you were put off all the way back in 2010."

"Final Fantasy XV was another game that launched to a positive reception, but a lot has changed since it came out in 2016. To start with, the game is now available on PC, and it even has a Pocket Edition on mobile. To coincide with the PC launch, Square Enix released a new, up-to-date version of the game called the Royal Edition. Why did it do this, you ask? Because like with Final Fantasy XIV, the company poured resources into support for XV long after its launch.

A total of four expansions came out in the months following launch, each adding content in their own way. Episode Gladiolus added a spin-off portion in which you control the character's quest to become a stronger guardian for Noctis, and Episode Ignis follows a similar thread for that character. Episode Prompto, meanwhile, turns the game into a third-person shooter, while Comrades introduced an entirely new multiplayer portion (which also allowed you to play with AI if you prefer).

Square Enix recently said four more Episodes will arrive in 2019, but there will likely be more to enjoy before then. "

12 Games You Need To Play Again

17. lightning

just got out of rocket town in ff7.

got ff6 & ff9 for half price. gonna start ff9 bc i'm really interested in the story and characters and i love the battle music.

[​IMG]

Philll, Joe4th and theagentcoma like this.
  18. theagentcoma

So excited for you! IX is my favorite in the series even though I think VI is objectively the best.

lightning and recall reality like this.
  19. Philll

Trusted

Very jealous of anyone getting to play IX for the first time. It's the only gane in the series I've finished more than once, it's extraordinary.

lightning and theagentcoma like this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Eiko, Garnet, Vivi, and Freya have some of my favorite story arcs ever. And Beatrix is my fave FF character.

ikanacanyon, Joe4th and lightning like this.
  21. lightning

I'm in Treno now.

I absolutely love this game - story, characters, music, setting. It's probably gonna end up being my favorite. It makes me laugh and cry.

I love Vivi so much, I just want to cuddle him.

[​IMG]

ikanacanyon, Joe4th, Philll and 2 others like this.
  22. lightning

[​IMG]

:verysad::heart:

23. theagentcoma

Vivi is hands down my fav character in all of FF

followed closely by Gilgamesh

ikanacanyon likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

25. theagentcoma