Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game • Page 71

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

If you get your Quickenings early you can beat most of the early bosses that way. The first Demon Wall is tougher than the second due to the shorter time limit but even he will fall with good Quickening chains.

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. Morrissey

Trusted

I have had 2 since Final Fantasy Origins came out but never bothered to play it. I need to get to that, III, and Mystic Quest soon.

4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

7 is good, it's just fun to make fun of because some people get so up in arms over any kind of criticism of 7

I think it's mediocre as far as FF itself goes but as far as games in general go I think it's good

Joe4th likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

VII has not aged well, but dammit if I don't have a soft spot for it

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Man, Cid is so damn great in this game. lol

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm already on the last dungeon. Doing all of the pre/post stuff now. Its crazy that I've basically gotten through the entire game without really using spells. I've gone 100% physical on anything that wasn't immune to it.

Still have quite a bit to do. Dreading going after Omega and Yiazmat.

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

ChaseTx and Henry like this.
  9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

for FFXII? how many hours has it taken?

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm playing it with the speed at 4x and I'm sitting at about 45 hours. I've done every side quest I could up to this point.

I don't think I'll try taking on the mega bosses until I grind out to around level 80. Still a ways to go from that. bleh.

aranea likes this.
  11. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Signing up for the closed beta was so fucking obnoxious. Thanks SE.

In less aggravating news, got out of the desert dungeon in XII. Forgot how much I loved Balthier and Fran.

aranea likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just about finished with most things. On the final set of marks right now, before Omega and Yiazmat. Most of my characters are sitting around level 75. I've maxed out Vaan and Penelo as they are my white and black mages. Going through the lower floors of Pharos sucks once you start hitting magic pots and zombies with reflect. Bleh. Might have to do these floors on normal speed.

13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I tried to sign up for the beta but every time I tried to log in it said "too many failed attempts. Try again later" ???

In other news, Chrono Trigger is fun

I Am Mick and theagentcoma like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Logging into their website has been a nightmare for me every single time.

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Took a stab at Yiazmat (underequipped) and got wrecked pretty quick. Some of these guides make it seem so much easier than it is. lol

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Things you can steal in Trial Mode with the thief's gloves.

49 - Ribbon - Hashmal rare steal - Storm Staff and Storm Spear chest with DA
    50 - Wymhero Blade - Farmfrit rare steal
    53 - Dragon Whisker - Warchief Varuda rare steal - Feathered Cap - chest with DA
    54 - Black Robes - Deathscythe uncomon steal
    55 - Artemis Bow - Tyrant rare steal
    58 - Hermes Sandals - Trickster uncomun steal
    59 - Thief's Cuffs - chest with DA
    60 - Brave Suit - Monid rare steal - Power Armlet - chest with DA
    62 - Zodiac Spear - Biding Mantis rare steal
    64 - Ultima Blade and Excalibur - 2x Humbaba Mistant rare steal
    65 - Gengi Shield and Aegis Shield - Deathgaze rare steal

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Beat Yiazmat!

3 ribbons
    spam wither/expose
    attack

Way easier than I remember. I thought I was going to lose when I ran out of Phoenix Downs with four bars left. Thankfully, I was able to sac Balthier to bring back Vaan.

Tomorrow, I'm going to finish off the game with a victory in the trials. :-)

18. Fucking Dustin

Pretty sure I've butchered all of the license board choices for my FF12 characters

Nick likes this.
  19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

what did you go with for everyone

20. Fucking Dustin

Vaan - Bushi
    Penelo - Red Battlemage
    Fran - Archer
    Balthier - Machinist
    Basch - Knight
    Ashe - White Mage

I didn't look anything up for what should be done for it, just kinda assigned at random for Vaan/Penelo, gave Ashe white mage cuz I needed it, and gave the other 3 the same as their default weapon

21. Shakriel

Walkthroughs kept telling me Fran is a terrible Archer. Think I made her a red battlemage and Balthier my healer.

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

That looks very okay to me

23. Fucking Dustin

She probably is haha I was using her as a pseudo-healer and part-time archer till I got Ashe

I'm glad I didn't completely ruin it! I'm pretty clueless on optimal build but didn't wanna just make the game boring by picking the best options throughout, I felt like it kinda ruined the awesome flexibility FF12 has so far

Shakriel likes this.
  24. Shakriel

Reminds me I need to go back and continue my playthrough. I have too many games to play, whoops.

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I did way too much reading on picking the right ones before I did and the common theme I saw is that no matter what you will end up being perfectly fine to beat the game. I