Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game • Page 69

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

You can beat those bosses pretty easily. Nothing like the hours it takes to beat Yiazmat or the constant Quick Hits for Nemesis.

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I don't even want to ouch Ozma from IX

3. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Emerald and Ruby weapon. Nah. It takes planning and can take quite a while for sure.

I Am Mick likes this.
  4. theagentcoma

Ruby Weapon was worse than Emerald weapon, at least from my hazy memory. I just remember using some combo of counter + Knights of the Round + something else. I kinda just left the room since most of the fight was essentially autopilot lol

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

VII and VIII were huge games for me. Will always be my favorites. I'm struggling to find motivation to keep playing X (I'm only like 4 or 5 hours in). I'm just not feeling any of these characters

billyboatman and Shakriel like this.
  6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm so eager to get both XV and XII and not sure which one to get first

On the other hand I have VII & X, which I never finished, and Lightning Returns, X-2, and Tactics, which I never played. Also Chrono Trigger.

I've probably spent more time thinking about these games than playing them

Joe4th likes this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

If you're saying you never played Chrono Trigger, play Chrono Trigger

theagentcoma and Fucking Dustin like this.
  8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I played a little bit of it on an emulator once but didn't get very far

9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

You should join my friend Jesse's FC. The FC I was in basically died and I joined a locked one with a few friends but Jesse's is the top FC on the server and they're extremely active.

oldjersey likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Just got Zodiac soooooo this will almost definitely make me want to get back into XIV once im done this but it wont be for a few months? I think?

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  11. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Understandable haha I'll still be around

oldjersey likes this.
  12. theagentcoma

I didn't read any of the posts after that guy said he hasn't played Chrono Trigger, but he should play Chrono Trigger

oldjersey likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Went with White Mage Vaan and I'm regretting it. The class doesn't get much help in terms of HP. Right now I'm running around the desert, grinding out my board. Its going rather quickly thanks to the 4x speed. Probably just going to max out everyone's HP and proceed. Totally forgot how the loot worked and didn't sell any of it at the start I was under-equipped going into the mines. Got my shit wrecked pretty bad.

14. Morrissey

Trusted

Having to pick jobs really makes me hesitant to try the remaster. Why not allow people the option to play the old way?

15. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Recently downloaded Chrono Trigger for my phone.

I'll always love Chrono Cross. Special place in my heart for sure. Fuckin' Serge

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. theagentcoma

I need to finish Cross. The soundtrack always comes up when my iPod is on shuffle and every single time it makes me want to play it

17. Morrissey

Trusted

I am about halfway through Chrono Cross right now. I regret not playing it back in the day.

theagentcoma and billyboatman like this.
  18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I got toward the end of Disc 1 and put it down for the time being. Was liking it but not loving it. The battle system takes a lot of getting used to.

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite games but for some reason never played Chrono Cross...I should change that

20. I remember getting stuck on a boss shortly into the second disc of Cross back in the day and giving up and never going back. Stupid preteen me.

billyboatman likes this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

When I replay some old RPGs I am blown away by the boss fights I was able to beat as a 12 year old as I struggle with them now.

billyboatman and Joe4th like this.
  22. Morrissey

Trusted

I had to run away from a boss for the first time after posting that. Reading up on how elements work, I was able to return and win.

I am usually bad at RPGs so I overlevel to compensate, but Chrono Cross does not let you do that so I have to adjust.

billyboatman and theagentcoma like this.
  23. theagentcoma

Yes, yes you should.

24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Started FFXII :)

25. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

That's one of the reasons Cross is so good. Can be challenging, but just the right amount. Story is awesome too.

theagentcoma likes this.