Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game • Page 65

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Play Persona instead.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Now play FF 6, 9, and 4..in that order

3. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Starting to hit 50 on some crafting/gathering classes as well as my pally in FFXIV; guess I should push through the story mode for Heavensward stuff.

4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I haven't been on because I've been tired

I wish I had a better reason but yeah that's it

5. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Joe4th likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

New update. Timed quests are back (this week is a fishing quest) and there's some new quest points system that sounds overly complicated

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The new timed quests / QP system in FFXV has completely ruined the game for me. I have no desire to speedgrind through quests and compete against other players (most who are cheating) to get items that just don't seem worth it.

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Anthony_D'Elia and Joe4th like this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm so fucking excited to play my favorite FF again

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm excited to play it, it's one of the few I've never completed

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

XII is the most underrated game in the series. Second-favorite behind VI. Has an amazing Star Wars-esque story, fun MMO-inspired combat, an insane amount of areas to explore, my favorite summoning system in the series, and so many side quests/secrets/optional bosses that you could easily spend Skyrim/The Witcher-levels of time playing it. Anyone who missed it on PS2 needs to play this remaster.

Joe4th and lightning13 like this.
  12. gonz (Alex) May 16, 2017
    (Last edited: May 16, 2017)
    I think I played somewhere around 10 to 15 hours of it when it came out. I really enjoyed the gameplay but the characters/story never fully grabbed me. I'm tempted to get this and try again though.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The thing I hated most was the summoning system. It was cumbersome and never felt useful in the late game. Zodiarc was also a pain in the ass to have ult.

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I just loved like actually fighting alongside the Espers, plus the lore behind them was pretty awesome. And their designs were uniformly incredible. Just fond nostalgia memories about how epic it all felt really.

15. Morrissey

Trusted

I never summoned an Esper except for the one time you have to do open the door. I would hope they did some rebalancing of the ridiculous late game stuff (requirements to create some weapons, HP of some of the superbosses) but overall a fun second-tier Final Fantasy.

16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I only ever played the spin-off Revenant Wings on the DS.

17. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

that's really encouraging, thanks

Joe4th and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  18. Morrissey

Trusted

A kid asked me today which Final Fantasy he should play first. I was not sure what to tell him; VI, VII, and Tactics are probably too old for him to start with, but the newer games don't really have that Final Fantasy feel. I told him X because it is a good blend of the old and new and is also available on modern consoles.

19. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

X is probably the best option for someone brand new. It has a bit of everything for sure, and once he plays it he can go back or forward depending on what he liked about it.

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

X is definitely one of the best entry points in the series.

21. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I need to jump back into XV. See what I've been missing the last few months.

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Not much. They fucked up special quests by making them online grinding competitions and one boring 45 minute DLC

23. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Finished Episode Gladio. It was much shorter than I expected and overall kinda underwhelming, though I enjoyed the final fight and I appreciated the character development. The post-credits scene shows the teaser for Episode Prompto, which is in a few weeks. It already looks more serious/emotional, so I hope it lives up to it.

Just a note that if you check under 'Special' in the main menu, there's a survey for upcoming content and you can only pick one option: http://i.imgur.com/hDdoCox.jpg

Discussion: Man,the FFXV survey was HARD.What did you choose? • r/FFXV

Joe4th likes this.
  24. Morrissey

Trusted

I bought XIII-2 back when it came out, but I played through it for the first time just now. I liked it more than XIII; with these games I skip all the cutscenes at this point. I did not bother to grind to try some of the superbosses, though, which is something I used to always do in previous Final Fantasy games.

25. aranea

Trusted Prestigious