Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game • Page 64

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

that makes too much sense. thanks. I've been interested in FFXIV but the subscription cost is bumming me out

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  2. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Free trial extends to like level 30 now I believe.

3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I definitely recommend trying before subbing. It at least gives you an idea on how you feel about it since you'll get dungeons plus a primal fight.

4. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

the free trial is now unlimited and caps at level 30. of course there will still come with a lot of restrictions (like chat and joining free companies, among other stuff). i wish i could sub. i was with a free company for a while and when i hit level 20, a bunch of them helped me by making me new armor and weapons. i loved them and they felt like my family. ofc, it's been over a year and they had a 3-month inactivity rule. i do actually miss them.

5. Fucking Dustin

That's one thing that sucks about going back after a long break, inactivity rules (my FC doesn't have em though but my old one did) and the fact that it's very likely a lot of those members scattered after this long. When I went back, my FC had basically split into 3 different FCs and it's tough to deal with haha.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

7. Fucking Dustin

8. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I'm amazed how people play this thing with controllers on PS4 side; i need all of the hotbars

9. Fucking Dustin Apr 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2017)
    Fucking Dustin

When you start with it it's very easy to get used to haha. Since I didn't play much WoW due to having a shitty computer, I initially picked up FFXIV on PS4 and learned to use the L>R + R>L combinations pretty well to use multiple hotbars.

Macros help a lot too. Like, when I'm playing white mage/scholar, I have a Cleric Stance macro that switches my hotbar when I switch between healing and attacking.

lightning13 likes this.
  10. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Just posted up in the video games thread - anyone play XIV on Excalibur? Just resubbed with a ton of friends.

11. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I just wanted to take my time out to say I really do adore the FF series. It means a lot to me.

Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

I'm on Cactuar

What Data Center is Excalibur in?

13. nomemorial

Excalibur is on Primal - looks like Cactuar is Aether :(

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

There's very few series of any type of media that mean as much to me. Growing up with it, and the time spent with it has caused a huge impact on my life honestly.

Fucking Dustin and lightning13 like this.
  15. Fucking Dustin

Ahh damn so we can't cross-server play :/

16. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Downloaded FFXIV on PS4 and giving it a run through. Never really bothered with MMOs before, so this is more or less an introduction to something I've largely avoided.

lightning13 likes this.
  17. nomemorial

Even just getting started in it again (and having played a mess of other MMOs here and there), I'm reminded of how polished it is, especially when compared to other games in the genre. If there were ever an MMO to play, I'd say this would be the one. Enjoy!

18. Shakriel

I played about 3 hours on Saturday and got up to level 8. Took me a little while to find places in the opening city, but once I got going, I had fun. Eventually Persona 5 lured me back for the rest of the weekend.

lightning13 and Fucking Dustin like this.
  19. nomemorial

That is the gaming dilemma I am in right now, too :') -- I resubbed at the worst possible time, hahaha.

I'm still a newbie at this point since much of the game has changed since I last played it, but I'm having a much easier time leveling a new character now than I did in the beginning. My recommendation is usually just blaze through story quests because they give the most EXP in most cases and get you through the actual world, opening up new locations for teleport and such.

20. Fucking Dustin

Another FFXIV tip: Level side classes only as much as you need to when you start out. Side classes get an exp bonus based on how leveled your main class is, so once your main class gets to 50-60, it'll be much much easier to level side classes because the bonus will be nearly 100% extra exp (if you're 60 it'll be an even 100%).

nomemorial likes this.
  21. Shakriel

Haha. I'm taking advantage of the free play up to level 35 for the moment. I just have too many other games, like P5, Horizon, and like 5-8 other titles I bought and then immediately put on the backburner.

Thanks for these and @Fucking Dustin for additional suggestions. I mostly just did whatever little quests popped up on my mini-map as I acquainted myself with Gridania. Not sure anything I did was related to any story at all, mostly just helping out lazy-ass NPCs and learning the combat system.

nomemorial and Fucking Dustin like this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Just finished FFX finally, should I even bother with X-2?

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

If you make it more than 5 hours into that game, you deserve a medal.

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

fuck

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its weird, because that game kinda plays to my interests, but its so bleh.