Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game • Page 117

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Anthony_ Sep 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2020)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Idk this is a tone that the series has never really hit before and also going back to a more strict fantasy setting hasn’t been done in the series since, like, IX. Doesn’t feel same-y to me at all.

theagentcoma, Contender and phaynes12 like this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah, XII was probably the closest but left a lot to be desired

3. Anthony_

XII is my #2 in the series lol

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it is .... not mine lol

5. Morrissey

Trusted

I really enjoyed how open XII was. One time I got Vaan to level 20 before I ever started recruiting new members because you could venture off to other areas and if you used Quickenings you stood a chance. I never connected with the story, though.

VII is my favorite, but I probably put the most time into Tactics, experimenting with jobs and setups.

6. Tides

@IMTides_

XVI looks crazy cool, really excited to see what Yoshida can do for a single player game, and Takai worked on The Last Remnant which was a cool game. I'm pretty excited for this one considering the people involved, and the idea of people turning into summons is a pretty unique and exciting idea in the context of the series (or maybe that's kind of how it worked in XIV? it's been a while)

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Can we please get a whacky Cait Sith/Quina character? I need something fun in this game, not a guy who wants to stop for pictures every ten minutes.

theagentcoma, Philll and SpyKi like this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I really want a full diverse party again after XV.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Cameron and theagentcoma like this.
  10. Philll

Trusted

11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

What version are you playing?

12. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Oh man, I remember doing some of these grinds way back when it first came out. I love the obscure Final Fantasy item grind that you would ONLY know how to do if there was already a guide that told you what you need it for and the obscure steps on how to do it, ha. I had the guide to reference at the time. IIRC, the game was suppose to come out in January and then came out 2-3 weeks early before Christmas(??). I have some fond memories playing this game at home and the time surrounding it. I put the soundtrack on shuffle yesterday at work and almost made it through all tracks. Probably my fav game soundtrack. Think I may download it on Xbox, and play a bit.

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. theagentcoma

What's funny is that reading my post you quoted sounds like another language because last summer feels forever ago haha. Still a great game and very glad I played it.

Supernova likes this.
  14. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Oh damn I didn't realize that was from way back in June. :crylaugh:

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. theagentcoma

Yeah and that was ten years ago!

16. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

After the trailer for FFXVI dropped and I heard that the staff for FFXIV was working on it I decided to playthrough FFXIV.

After nearly 200+ hours of story content, I'm super excited for a mainline high fantasy franchise from this team. FFXIV: Heavensward in particular surprised me so much the story is easily top 3 for me out of all of the games. This team has a deep reverence for Final Fantasy and I think its going to be stunning.

Also makes me want to replay 12. I think I just might've been too young to get the story back then.

17. Anthony_

absolutely replay 12

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  18. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Is the Zodiac remaster good?

19. Anthony_

Yeah it is. The Zodiac job system kind of lessens the freeform nature of the character customization from the original release but other than that it's the definitive way to play the game.

20. Philll

Trusted

I've been listening to the XIII soundtrack while writing an essay the last couple of days, and god I love it so much. Probably my favourite FF score, which may not be a popular opinion, but I just think its gorgeous.

Supernova and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Of all my complaints about that game and series, the score will never be one of them

Philll likes this.
  22. tomdelonge

Trusted

23. Philll

Trusted

So FF8 is the only PlayStation ff I havent played, does it hold up well enough to play in this, the year of our lord 2021?

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It's definitely still fun, been touched up for all the newer consoles. Has some completely new systems they introduce that's very different from any other FF. Solid story as well.

Philll likes this.
  25. Philll

Trusted

Thanks. Its by no means a priority for me but I'd like to get round to it eventually