Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game • Page 116

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Yeah the music for the fight is awesome

Not looking forward to it

2. theagentcoma

Beat Yunalesca and got the airship. I'm a bit overwhelmed at all the things you can do before taking on Sin. There's cactuar stuff, chocobo stuff, dark aeons, celestial weapons, monster arena, etc. I think I'm going to skip all that.

When I played FF7 the first time I took the opposite approach. I got everyone's ultimate weapons, got all the limit breaks, did the golden chocobo thing, got Knights of the Round, beat Ruby and Emerald Weapons, etc. But that was 7 years ago and I'm on my second marriage. Don't have that kind of time anymore lol

Joe4th likes this.
  3. theagentcoma

Ok I might do a few things before making the final boss run. For those of you who have played FFX until the end before, what kinda endgame stuff did you do? Any weapons or side quests that make it easier?

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I did all the celestial weapon stuff, did the cave to get Yojimbo, got Anima. It’s definitely not necessary to finish, you probably can get by decently without doing all that.
    One day I’m going to go back and do the dark aeons

5. theagentcoma

I didn't even get the Cloudy Mirror when I went to the Calm Lands and now I can't find the chocobo lady lol

I did at least go to the coordinates with all the hidden chests

6. Morrissey

Trusted

I did everything. At a minimum, you should get the secret Aeons and a few of the easier weapons. The monster arena grind will take dozens of hours.

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah, I got the aeons. Tried to get the celestial weapon stuff. Treasure hunting!

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. theagentcoma

Ok I finished FFX last night. Actually stayed up way too late and called out for the first few hours of work this morning haha. I just got to the point to where I wanted to finish it.

I tried fighting Braska's Final Aeon (Jecht) twice last night. I didn't do much grinding beforehand, just enough to get Holy for Yuna. The first time I fought him I tried to use Auron's Zombie Attack on him so the Pagoda's constant healing would hurt him, but that was a slow process. Got to the second form (the one with 120K HP) and just wasn't prepared so I lost.

Second time I tried I killed one of the Pagodas right away. Then the other one cursed me and the dead one regenerated right after that. I just reset the game lol.

So I finally decided to take some of the advice in here and do a little bit of the extra stuff. I captured all the monsters in the Calm Lands and Mt Gagazet to get the Feather Scepter. Then I went to the Remiem Temple and fought all of Belgemine's aeons to get the Blossom Crown. I wanted to get access to the rest of the temple so I could get the Magus Sisters. But I needed Anima and Yojimbo first, so I went and got Yojimbo from the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. I tried to get Anima but you can only get him if you light up all 6 of the statues in Baaj Temple. Only 5 of them lit for me so I missed a Destruction Sphere in one of the Cloisters somewhere. I definitely was not going to backtrack for that, so no Anima, which meant no Magus Sisters. Bunch of time wasted.

However I did do the Chocobo race and got 3 chests for 30 Wings of Discovery. I took on the boss a third time and used Rikku's Overdrive to Mix a Trio of 9999 to max out damage and healing. That changed everything. Tidus' Slice & Dice hit for 9999 x 6 and a simple multi hit item from Rikku did the same. With that strategy I was able to kill Jecht fairly easily.

I wasn't a fan of the slog through the possessed Aeons after that but that's because I didn't know that I literally couldn't lose those fights thanks to Auto-Life. The game ended shortly after.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. Definitely a top 5 for me, out of the first 10 that I've played. Can't believe it took me nearly 20 years to play it. I really liked the cast of characters; it felt like all of them remained relevant throughout the game, as opposed to some JRPGs where a lot of your characters just sort of fade into irrelevance. Auron is an absolute badass, Rikku is funny, and I actually really liked Wakka's arc. All in all, definitely happy I put in the 43ish hours. Maybe next time I'll do even more extra stuff, because I hardly scratched the surface.

Now the question is, do I play X-2? I don't really feel the desire too tbh

Supernova and oldjersey like this.
  9. Morrissey

Trusted

X-2 was really cool at the time as the first sequel and getting to revisit all the areas and people you know but the storyline is dumb. The combat system is a really fun take on the job system though.

Fucking Dustin and theagentcoma like this.
  10. Morrissey

Trusted

I've never gone to Sin right away so I've always ended up killing the final boss in two hits when I finally do get there.

theagentcoma and phaynes12 like this.
  11. theagentcoma

Ooh I love a good job system. Maybe I'll dabble a little

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Anybody have tips for not having your party automatically attack in 7 remake??? I’m fighting Tonberry, and getting wiped immediately because whom I’m ever not controlling keeps attacking him immediately. Like I have no time to direct them otherwise before they die.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Nvm got him.

annoying fight

Jake W likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wrapped up FFVIIR the other night. Overall loved it.

Starting XII The Zodiac Age now. Surprised how good this looks for a remaster. Also the voice acting, and music are pretty impressive thus far.

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

yessssssssss

The characters are so strong in that game.

Cameron likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm frustrated at some of the stuff I've missed so far in VIIR. Missed chocobo summon and one of the music discs. :-/

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The rhythm game section of VII is worth the price of admission.

Cameron and Joe4th like this.
  18. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Honestly the first bombing run had me sold. I was a little worried about the game just being Midgar but by the time the demo got released to the public it was veeeeeeery clear we weren't just waiting around for nothing. I'm just chomping at the bit for part 2 now.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm still really weird about it. I'm not a huge fan of all of the fetch quest stuff to buff out the time of play. I'm really unsure how they go about future installments. This could honestly be twenty games based on how little of the game this covers.

Overall though, I'm loving everything I see. These characters have way more life than I even imagined them having. The combat takes some getting used to, but once you figure it out, life is good.

20. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

I picked up the combat surprisingly quickly for a guy that just doesn't ever really game. and IDK, seems like they might be able to wrap up the story in 3 games really nicely if they lean a little closer to the FFXV format for the next game

21. Anthony_

BEFBB817-2A0E-44B1-BC17-9954DCF436C5.jpeg

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Not sure how I feel about the trailer.

seem really generic to anyone else?

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

nope

Anthony_ likes this.
  24. Anthony_

Seems incredible to me.

Game of Thrones + FF, hell yeah sign me up

25. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Hmmm well I just usually expect some kind of new flair with stand alone FF games and this seemed like a lot of the same. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess. Summons stuff was cool as always.