Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game • Page 113

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Damn y’all are really trying to make me buy FFX on Switch and play through it again huh

theagentcoma and Jake W like this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ugh, fucking same

theagentcoma and Anthony_ like this.
  3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Why on switch

Anthony_ likes this.
  4. ChaseTx

I love the Sphere Grid. I would do it after nearly every other battle. Same with the Crystarium in XIII

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Sphere grid is one of my favorite leveling systems

Anthony_ likes this.
  6. Anthony_

Because it would be sick to have both those games on a portable system. Also because the Switch is the best console for JRPGs in my opinion because I like the option to play them in handheld mode and partially recreate some of my GBA/DS nostalgia.

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah sphere grid is fun, and then being able to combine them is really fun

theagentcoma and ChaseTx like this.
  8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

theagentcoma and Anthony_ like this.
  9. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

If a game is on Switch it's the automatic choice for me because why would I choose to not be able to play the game in handheld mode lol

10. ChaseTx

Ah, I forgot that Switch has a handheld mode or whatever

Anthony_ likes this.
  11. Anthony_

Jake W likes this.
  12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Switch is so good for JRPGs rn

theagentcoma, oldjersey and Anthony_ like this.
  13. Anthony_

There are so many DS/3DS JRPGs that I want Switch ports of.

theagentcoma and Jake W like this.
  14. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I really did enjoy it! The very end dragged a little because there was such a gauntlet of bosses but I definitely loved it overall. Did the new game plus right away to get the class 4 stuff. Also looking forward to trying it again with the other three characters.

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

God damn I gotta try NG+ soon

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. I just got Switch cause god knows when I'll be back at work, and I can't wait to play some exclusive games on it.

However, I feel like I'm gonna give in and get FFX as well asap. This thread has motivated me and of course, it is one of my favorite games of all time (favorite FF as well). I can't tell you how many times I replay it though and get to the airship/end game, and NEVER finish it lol. I'm determined this time.

17. theagentcoma

Lol @ Tidus just barging into the chamber where the summoner is while saying "Like I care!" Absolute madlad.

18. theagentcoma

I'm maybe 6 hours into X now. Some quick thoughts:

1. There sure are a lot of cut scenes/dialogue. Sometimes I feel like I'm reading or watching more than actually playing.
    2. Battle system is typical turn based FF but I like the fluid way of changing characters mid battle, especially when each character is useful for different reasons early on, such as Wakka hitting aerial enemies and Auron being able to pierce enemy armor.
    3. I didn't get the sphere grid at all at first but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I prefer a traditional leveling system but it's a cool way of growing your characters. And I do like to micromanage my parties.
    4. Is there an overworld map you run around on? I haven't reached it if there is one.

Joe4th and ChaseTx like this.
  19. ChaseTx

I love the Sphere Grid so much. It's exciting to focus on specific attributes for each character and build on then incrementally as opposed to predetermined increases through leveling. Obviously it's set up in a way that limits customization, but it's still fun to make choices as to what stats are worth it for each character

There's no world map and the world in FFX is pretty closed compared to other games in the series. It's linear until you get to a point near the end when you get an airship to revisit previous locations and some secret locations. The way the airship works itself is pretty weird

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the cutscene thing is kinda have i feel about 7 remake right now. feels like i’m grinding through them to get to brief playable moments instead of the other way around.

oldjersey and theagentcoma like this.
  21. theagentcoma

No world map? *Deletes game immediately* /s

So that's why people were saying it was linear.

Ah well, it's just a silly minor thing. Honestly my biggest complaint so far is that when you go to save, the cursor is on a blank file and not on the one you want to overwrite. Because of this I have like three saves of the same game and there's no way to delete saves haha

ChaseTx likes this.
  22. Morrissey

Trusted

The debate over world maps often overstates how much freedom you had in the older games. Many times you could only go one place, maybe with a side area. The games often hid this in different ways, like the castle burrowing underground in VI or the mountains in VII. You could technically go back to places you had been just like you could technically go all the way backwards in X.

oldjersey likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Awesome theme. Wish I lived in Europe

Henry and Anthony_ like this.
  24. Anthony_

*that’s* the reason you wish you lived in Europe lmao

Henry, Cameron and phaynes12 like this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

And the other stuff yes.