Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game • Page 112

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I'm a Bartz man myself. FF5 is so underrated.

oldjersey likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Galuf is a dick tho

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

oldjersey and theagentcoma like this.
  4. theagentcoma

Should've kept the translation for the ports

Anthony_ likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

Also any quick non spoiler tips before I start FFX???

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Kill the monsters

phaynes12 likes this.
  7. Morrissey

Trusted

Use every character. You will need different skills in different fights.

Also, you can't revisit places for a long time, so check maps thoroughly before moving on.

theagentcoma and phaynes12 like this.
  8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fuck seymour up

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Mute it

10. Don’t mute it. Listen to Tidus laugh and love that shit

Joe4th, Anthony_, ChaseTx and 2 others like this.
  11. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Kick the backpack or whatever

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

play lotsa blitzball

13. Morrissey

Trusted

Finally beating the Al Bhed Psyches is such a cathartic moment. Blappa terrorizes you until you poach their goalie and then between him and Tidus' Jecht Shot it is a blowout every time.

phaynes12 likes this.
  14. theagentcoma

An hour in and I don't understand anything. Can everybody just breathe underwater? Lol

I guess I didn't know it wasn't a traditional leveling system but the sphere grid thing looks cool

15. Philll

Trusted

If you're a completionist then make sure you're thorough coz there's a few key items that you cant go back to if you miss them the first time.

16. theagentcoma

Having recently just gone through Trials of Mana, I'm definitely going to explore every corner. That game rewarded exploration. I did get the moon crest on the beach where you end up meeting Wakka, so that's cool.

Philll likes this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm so glad you enjoyed it too. Yeah I can't wait to play again on a harder difficulty with the 3 different characters I didn't play with.

It's honestly one of my favorite games this year.

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. Philll

Trusted

If I remember correctly (it's been a few years) there's a couple items you need for some of the ultimate weapons that you can miss. Makes some of the post game bosses pretty much impossible. I made that mistake and haven't had the heart to replay it all again.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. Morrissey

Trusted

The Sphere Grid is a mixed bag. It is annoying having to keep going in the menu and using your levels, especially since you are on a predetermined path with only a few possible detours. It gets interesting near the end, though.

I unlocked all the nodes for every character in one playthrough but real dedication is going through and replacing weak nodes with better ones to max out characters. I didn't need all that to beat the super boss in the American version, and I didn't feel motivated to beat the new boss in the remaster. I was so obsessed with reading about the extra content in the International versions when I was younger, but the time commitment is too much now.

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. Morrissey

Trusted

You can go back and get all of them.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  21. Philll

Trusted

Oh really? I felt like there was an item for Tidus in a room that you couldn't revisit?

22. Morrissey

Trusted

No, although in the remaster some might get trapped behind Dark Aeons, which are very hard to beat.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  23. Fucking Dustin

Yup this is the case exactly. 2 (maybe 3?) Celestial Weapons get trapped behind Dark Aeons if you miss certain parts

Joe4th likes this.
  24. Philll

Trusted

Ah that must be it, yeah I only managed one or two dark aeons before getting overwhelmed.

25. Fucking Dustin

In my current playthrough (which I got bored of doing while filling out the sphere grid) I got all Dark Aeons done but haven't gotten ultimate boss done yet