Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 15, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

source

Jake W and Fucking Dustin like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Can't wait for Bravely Second.

3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Seriously opened my browser to start this thread just now, you're good hahaha.

Still excited for XV, been waiting way too long. Final Fantasy XIV is my current MMO addiction and am replaying FFX (no sphere grid run) on the side.

ChaseTx and lightning13 like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have no interest in XV and that makes me sad.

5. Fucking Dustin

To me it's one of those things where after waiting for years and years and years I kinda have to be excited haha. At this point I'd be crushed to not want to play it.

Haven't done any demos for it though, refuse to.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Apparently the demo isn't going to be a very good representation of what we get. I hope so badly that is true.

7. Fucking Dustin

A lot of mixed things about the demo. Heard it's very open and gorgeous but...bland? Idk. A lot of people have said very different things.

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry if this sounds weird, but why does the Bravely series get talked about in the FF threads?

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

'Although the game has an original title, it is considered a spiritual successor of Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, a "gaiden" or "spin-off" of the main Final Fantasy series, by its creators. The game follows the traditional Final Fantasy storyline of crystals and theWarriors of Light with the traditional job system gameplay, and the "Flying Fairy" in the Japanese title alludes to Final Fantasy by having the same initials.'

It has every bit the feel of a classic FF game. To me it is more a FF game than anything that followed FFX.

scott likes this.
  10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've never played a FF I didn't like, so looking forward to XV. Will probably get my PS4 when it comes out.

11. Fucking Dustin

Random fun fact: Nobuo Uematsu originally composed "To Zanarkand", the FFX intro song, as a flute solo for his friend's flute recital but thought it sounded too sad for that so he kept it for himself instead up until FFX work began.

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

No I know it's like classic FF, I didn't realize it was considered actually part of it so that explains it haha.

i'm still stuck on the vampire job in BD. i'm on chapter 5. i've been playing the game on and off for a year now lol
    need to get back to FF explorers when i can.

13. Threads

Regular Prestigious

I own so much of this series but have played/completed so little. I blame steam sales and general price drops over time. So far I've finished I, II, X, and the XIII trilogy. My favorites are probably X and Lightning Returns.

I think I'll either try to get to X-2 or VII next. XII has stood out to me but I'm under the impression that will get the remaster treatment like X/X-2 did so maybe I should wait?

14. ChaseTx

Yeah I've only finished VIII, IX, XIII, & XIII-2. I wanted to focus on getting a bunch of them done last year, but that fell through. I picked up and stopped VI a bunch of times last year.

15. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Playing Tactics A2 on my DS right now. :-)

dharkins likes this.
  16. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i've only finished XIII and XIII-2. i'm almost done with Lightning Returns and type-0 and i'm still at the beginning of FF Explorers.

17. carina

yr royal highness

I've only played VIII, IX, X/X-2 and XIII/XIII-2, and I fully intend on visiting VII after the remaster release. I bought VII during a Steam sale but I couldn't get past it looking like a Lego Final Fantasy game. (I should've played it when I was younger but oh well!)

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. Fucking Dustin

I highly recommend everyone play and complete VI as it is my favorite and is phenomenal

scott and carina like this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure I ever finished VI. I know the last time I played, my save file got corrupted or overwritten at the part where the world kinda goes crazy after Terra changes.

dharkins likes this.
  20. Fucking Dustin

Only ones I've finished are VI, VII, VIII, X, X-2, and XIII. Been wanting to play Lightning Returns but XIII-2 bored me so much I couldn't finish it ._____.

21. ChaseTx

Wasn't able to get as into the story of VI as I wanted to. Maybe because of how many times I've stopped for months at a time, or maybe that's the reason for it. Or maybe due to the translation

22. ChaseTx

XIII-2 is great though

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'd buy an HD bundle of the three XIII games.

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. Fucking Dustin

It's definitely cuz of taking breaks from it. I can't finish it if I stop for a while haha.

25. ChaseTx

I feel like I was taking breaks because I just never got into it though