Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy XIV Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Christ hahahaha

That's unbelievable

Might be worth it just to have him wait it out and do his thing in the meantime since he's already grinded up to 22 and all anyway so creating a new character probably isn't ideal for him. Idk it still sucks though

On the bright side you have us to play with till he's here!

electro haikus likes this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

haha yeah i think we are just gonna resolve to not get into Heavensward until this is sorted out, certainly grateful for chorus folks to quest with as he just has no one now

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

oldjersey likes this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hit Level 50 last night and I am so damn excited. This game takes on a whole new meaning once you do. SO stoked to play tonight. @electro haikus when do you plan on getting on tonight?

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I got to 15 yesterday before I had to pull myself away.

6. Shrek

idk honestly. probably a little bit right at 6 and then my roommate will wanna screw around with the 2k18 dlc for a bit because he is a Hardy mark. prob will jump on again for a bit between 9 and 10. hbu?

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ima be on from like 8 until real late haha. Dont gotta work til 130 tomorrow

8. Fucking Dustin

Got the main post updated, removed some fields to make it easier to reference haha. I'll be on tonight too, not sure when but it'll likely be after 730 CST

9. Shrek

i am kind of a hundred years old and have to be outta bed by 6:30 ET every morning so i like to be in bed chillin' by 10. weekends are a diff ball game but still rarely broach midnight

10. Fucking Dustin

This weekend I'll play a lot other than Saturday (Housewarming party thing)

11. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Got up to level 11 while staying up way too late tonight. I think on my old world I was getting an exp boost and in Cactuar I’m not for some reason. Luckily since I changed class everything is different so it isn’t getting stale or anything.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

When you log off make sure you are in a town. While you ‘rest’ that will give you the exp boost.

electro haikus and ikanacanyon like this.
  13. Shrek

so, questions:
    • why do the new city-states start with level 1 quests/monsters? can't make sense of it for the life of me. i was thinking maybe you start in different places depending on race/class but no way is that the case in a game with prerendered cutscenes in the story.
    • what is the blue in my XP bar? like, it'll be mostly gold or white or w/e and then there will be a blue section tagged on the end?

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

The blue is the experience bonus you get for resting in a town while logged off I believe. As for your other question I dunno, where ever the main quest took me there would also be quests around my level at the time. Something that starts at level 1 is usually for guilds or learning new crafts or stuff like that. Dustin knows way more than me.

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

didn't get to play a ton yesterday but i just get access to the airship, so pumped to see where that leads me tonight.

16. Shrek

that's roughly where i am, maybe an hour past

tucah likes this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

Yes, you do start in different places depending on your class. The story is slightly different (but roughly the same) up until the airship quests depending on your starting city

ikanacanyon and electro haikus like this.
  18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I just hit Level 51, I love all the different types of dungeons I have access to now. Black Mage gets so much more fun the further down the road you go. Powerful as fuck too.

19. Shrek

oh okay. that's awesome then and i withdraw my criticisms lol

20. Shrek

black mage is what im goin for as well

21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

oh shit, let's party uppppppp

22. Shrek

let's do it. i'll yolo and try and stay up tonight.

tucah likes this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Once you get around level 30 I believe it is, or even now, start playing as an archer as well. You need a level 30 archer and thaumaturge job class to become BLM I think.

24. Shrek

my mic died and im broke af so we would need to use discord tho

tucah likes this.
  25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

that's fine, all the same really.