Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy XIV Video Game • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

CoffeeEyes17#4405 get me up in there pls papa

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  2. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Going through my own macros and figured I'd list a few here.

Countdown macro:
    -The number can replaced by any number and will count down from that number. This is especially useful for tanks to use pre-pull. For tanks I'd advise having 12-15 seconds pre-pull, as a caster I like at least 10 seconds and I know some physical DPS appreciate more time to optimize damage. (Obviously only before like big bosses that really require it though.)

Class changing macro:
    -I use lots of classes and a lot of the classes share gear. This macro enables me to quickly change to Red Mage AND equip my designated glamour for red mage. The first number (1) represents what GEAR SET I'm equipping, and the second number (12) represents what GLAMOUR PLATE will automatically be equipped when I use the macro. The second line just changes the macro icon to look like the Red Mage symbol for easy reference.

Raise macro (for healers):
    You can replace "raise" with whatever your raising spell is called in each line. ALWAYS have your action line first or else this macro may fail. <t> will be replaced by the party member name. The second line is to notify your party that you are raising someone (so that other healers don't potentially raise the same person) (you can phrase it however you want), and the <se.2> is to generate a sound effect to increase visibility.

PVP - healer damage dealing:
    The <tt> will reference the target of your current target. This means that while you are healing a player, if that player is targeting an enemy, you can continue targeting the player you're healing but deal damage to the target of this player. Especially useful in PVP, maybe not as useful in regular content where the healing isn't QUITE as intensive. This example is using White Mage for reference, using their Stone replacement ability.

Will probably add more as I make more QOL changes

4. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Good to know the healing one lol I was actually gonna ask you about that since I’ve switched over

5. Fucking Dustin

AHHHHHH

Joe4th likes this.
  6. Joe4th Sep 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2019)
    Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It sounds amazing

7. Fucking Dustin Sep 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2019)
    Fucking Dustin

Here are some pictures of my UI for reference (we were discussing possible UIs in Discord and figured we could all share what we're working with and get ideas from each other).

PS_Messages_20190918_110936.jpg

This is my basic RDM layout. Pressing L2 twice accesses the left half of the top hotbar and pressing R2 twice accesses the right half of the top hotbar. My chat window's a bit big but I like it that way just because sometimes I'll have to read multiple lines of material. I have LT (local time) and ET (eorzea time) always on display for clocks so I can see when certain nodes appear.

PS_Messages_20190918_110938.jpg

When holding R2 > L2.

PS_Messages_20190918_110940.jpg

When holding L2 > R2.

Still need to find a place for those buttons to clean everything up but for now I'm leaving them where they are. Engagement shares a cooldown with Displacement (on hotbar 1) so I don't really need to see its cooldown as I play.

PS_Messages_20190918_110941.jpg

This hotbar is for quickly changing classes. I haven't set up ALL my classes for this yet but what it does is changes the class, sets the glamour plate, and changes my UI for whatever class I'm using.

PS_Messages_20190918_110942.jpg

Here's my Alchemist (crafting) layout. As you can see everything's a LOT smaller in this layout since I really don't need that much for it. Left upper side has macros and toggling between collectible mode, and right side has my food/potions and teleports/logs/etc.

These are all still a MAJOR work in progress in terms of where certain buttons actually are.

Joe4th and ikanacanyon like this.
  8. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

When you tap L2 or R2 twice does it like completely swap those two hot bars?

9. Fucking Dustin

It highlights the side I want and gives me the same button options as it would for the lower left hotbar side

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Finding out about that quick hotbar swap with the triggers was a life changing discovery

11. Fucking Dustin

12. Fucking Dustin

NieR raid is out AHHH

ikanacanyon and Joe4th like this.
    ikanacanyon likes this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

FFXIV for XBO is MASSIVE. I can't imagine running it on the One with how badly that thing can run at times but I'd bet it'd be awesome on the One X

ikanacanyon likes this.
  15. Fucking Dustin

The new content is good and I miss playing with y'all

16. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I'll need to play again at some point but actually commit to playing haha

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

:tear:

18. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

19. Fucking Dustin

zigbigwig, Joe4th and ikanacanyon like this.
  20. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Yesss also new people! No time like the present to get into it

21. Fucking Dustin

@Joe4th it's a pandemic come back

22. Fucking Dustin

I'ma probably be on tonight, I wanna do some of the level 70 alliance raids and spam some of the event content since I haven't done any this week

My Dancer is at level 73, when people start to come back I'll probably run either Astro or Bard though

23. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Yeah I have plans with friends at 8 and then my Pokémon match but after that if it’s early enough I’d like to get on, but I’m not banking on it haha

And I’m def interested in running more tank classes if people start coming back

24. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

gonna take a long time for me to catch up, and im planning to just finish ARR for now haha

ikanacanyon and Fucking Dustin like this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

That's what you think

ikanacanyon and Fucking Dustin like this.