Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy XIV Video Game • Page 38

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Added to front page!

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Rob Hughes likes this.
  3. Fucking Dustin

Vieras have like 50% hat selection

Rob Hughes likes this.
  4. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  6. Fucking Dustin

I'm glamour obsessed and need to not look like every other rabbit

7. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

can't wait to get back on this tonight

8. Fucking Dustin

There was a patch last night to address balance, meta didn't change TOO much but Ninja is now actually viable (above Samurai in DPS, below MNK/BLM/DRG), Samurai was increased a bit as well to be close to the range Ninja is at, and Summoner had some quality of life changes for easier trash mob killing (not sure if it impacts meta placement or not).

9. Fucking Dustin

Sad that Samurai is bottom of the pack DPS considering this means both my melee and casting DPS will be bottom of the pack DPS's for raid purposes but oh well, it's still good enough

10. Fucking Dustin

Also APPARENTLY last night Cactuar officially opened up as available for character creation/transfer

oldjersey likes this.
  11. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

my fucking timing haha

12. Fucking Dustin

Still not as bad as @Joe4th's who bought the game the night before the expansion release resulting in every server being overcrowded for like a week

Joe4th likes this.
  13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I love my ronso but appearances are so limited right now

God dammit

The dark ages

14. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

So much has opened up now, just got to the bit about levequests and guildhests

15. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Fucked around and started conjurer this morning. Was pretty fun doing the starting stuff, but I haven’t done any duties yet so we’ll see after that haha

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Base Stormblood done, last area and ending was so good. Plus those post-credits teases!

17. Fucking Dustin

It's storming annoyingly here so HOPEFULLY my power stays up and I can still play tonight

Regardless I can be in Discord

18. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

People in this game rule so much

Joe4th and ikanacanyon like this.
  19. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Alright gang I bought a level 70 ninja so that I can be the last hokage and I gotta say it’s been a ton of fun just going through the MQ even though I’m much higher level. I like that this game chooses to take the more fantasy (hah) idea of a ninja by not just making them rogues but adding in magic with the different ninjitsus and combos that come from that.

Now I just gotta figure out what to do next. I guess just go through the MQ for the base game and DLCs then......I guess gear up. Get a house. Do raids. The world is my oyster

ikanacanyon and Joe4th like this.
  20. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm knee deep in RoR2 and AC (the fake one) right now. Too much quality on the switch right now. However when y'all get close to Shadowbringers I will resub. If it wasn't a sub I would just pop on sometimes. Ugh I do miss it though.

22. Fucking Dustin

All casters are now at level 80 phew

23. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

This game has consumed my life. Been leveling some other jobs. I love that I can just switch my job. Something I always enjoyed but also hated with WoW was having MY character, a shaman I’ve played since vanilla, and having all sorts of cool stories and achievements and stuff for that character but at the same time being bored of playing one class especially when that class isn’t doing so hot (f in the chat for enhance shamans). It’s nice that I can just have one character but still experience all of the other classes and roles.

The jobs themselves are fun and offer something new that I really enjoy. All three roles are fun and rewarding in their own right. Everything looks so fucking cool too, FF has always been a series with great designs and 14 is top notch in that regard. I’ve dabbled a bit in stuff like crafting and pvp and that’s been enjoyable too.

Don’t see myself unsubbing from this or resubbing to WoW anytime soon. My only regret is waiting this long to get into it

24. Fucking Dustin

Being able to switch my job around whenever I want is what got me hooked, it's such a nice quality of life change

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  25. Fucking Dustin

Also if you're interested we have a discord link you can join on the front page @CoffeeEyes17! Some of us are occasionally in voice chat but we talk through the #general page a lot here and there as well through text for general FFXIV conversation/questions/etc

Joe4th and CoffeeEyes17 like this.