Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy XIV Video Game • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Sorry, I was super busy yesterday and am gone next weekend from Thursday-Monday too. I’m sad I’ve had no time to play this lately

2. Had a late night chat with Dustin and Shrek last night (and by late I mean it was fucking 2am before we were all like ok bye)

Where the fuck you at @oldjersey

Joe4th and Shrek like this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

FuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I went to Dinner and to go see the new QT movie with Cait.

Shrek likes this.
  4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

got a lot of sun and alcohol today and am beat but if i can fight the sleeps ill be on later tonight

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

About to update the front page. What's your character's name @slowheart ?

6. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Are the relic weapons worth getting when they open up? I’ve seen people arguing for both sides of it

7. Fucking Dustin

Argument for: There are 2 trials that only open up if you do the quest (Chimera and Hydra) so doing those would probably be in your best interest. Weapon isn't bad for level 50

Argument against: The poetics i120 weapon is cheap as hell now and relic weapon is immediately outclassed by the time you're 51 as you can just buy a better weapon with gil in Ishgard which is better than the grind that getting the relic becomes

8. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Cool maybe I’ll skip it for now then since I’m already level 52 haha

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  9. Fucking Dustin

I think the i120 weapon is only like 600 poetics now? Somewhere between like 400 and 900. Either way it's cheap as hell in Mor Dhona if you've already got those tomes and if you don't yeah you can just buy at a shop in Ishgard.

10. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Ah I already spent the poetics I got from those couple duties on armor. I’ll just buy it I guess haha. Do you just get poetics through certain duties? Or are there other ways to get them?

11. Fucking Dustin

You get poetics from endgame duties from past dungeons/trials/raids

Basically anything that's a level 50/60/70 duty that used to be endgame content should offer poetics

ikanacanyon likes this.
  12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm hoping to get back on this after my vacation this week. I miss playing it a lot

ikanacanyon likes this.
  13. Fucking Dustin

I'll be back on tomorrow night I believe. Maybe tonight but late if so. Won't be on much this weekend sadly.

ikanacanyon likes this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Im gonna get back into playing soon, I just need to learn to balance it with the rest of my life. When I play this game it consumes me completely and I can sit and play way too many hours and neglect Cait lol. I just wanna spend some time away and practice just playing on weekends or something. Idk.

ikanacanyon and Joe4th like this.
  15. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Yeah I got back from a long beach weekend this morning and tomorrow I’m leaving for another short trip. Hoping to get at least a little time in tonight

16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

got a full ass weekend and then vacation next week so im canceling til i get back, my charge goes through tomorrow and it would be a waste to burn two weeks of the next one

17. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Well my apartment doesn’t have power tonight so I guess I won’t get the chance to do anything lol

18. Fucking Dustin

Discord night is this Friday night so I'll be in there after work

The path to becoming an omnicrafter is a terrible path

ikanacanyon and Joe4th like this.
  19. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Man post ARR, pre-HW quests really are just as, if not more, fetch questy than ARR. At least I have more roulette variety now

20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yeah, they really are. At least it felt like there was more plot movement during that stuff, and it cannot be stressed enough how much more streamlined the HW quest design is, such a bit leap forward. I'm on the post-HW stuff now and loving every second of it, just hit one of the coolest combinations of cutscene to dungeon to trial sequences in the game, all this stuff has been so fucking good.

ikanacanyon and Fucking Dustin like this.
  21. Fucking Dustin

There is a lot to love about Heavensward and a lot to hate too

I can't get over the introduction of aether currents

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

they're bad but they're WAY fucking better than WoW's handling of flying so i really didn't mind them haha

23. Fucking Dustin

Tomorrow I'ma be leveling Samurai while in Discord. Mine's around 57 so feel free to come along for anything/invite me along for anything/etc if you're on.

Joe4th and ikanacanyon like this.
  24. ikanacanyon Aug 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2019)
    ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Yeah there’s definitely a lot plot movement which is nice. But last night I had to do a mission which consisted of talk to person A to activate, talk to person B on the other side of the room, talk to person A again, teleport to a different area in the country (?) to talk to person C, talk to person A back where I started to complete the quest and I was like ?? Feel like that could have been a little more streamlined

Edit: also the whole Doman refugee plot feels pretty on the nose with current events, sadly. Not a criticism, but just a thought I was having while playing

tucah likes this.
  25. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Sweet I’m at 55 WAR so that’s pretty close