Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy XIV Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

so, my roommate got to level 22 in one 12 hour session lol

tucah and ikanacanyon like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I tried to get back into this with a Realm Reborn and ended up dropping it pretty fast. I just couldn't commit.

3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Some people find it fun too, it's like its own minigame

tucah likes this.
  4. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Lame, it looks like you have to wait 90 days after changing worlds/creating a character to change again. I’m not that deep in so I could just recreate my character on Cactuar right?

5. Fucking Dustin

Leveling a character shouldn't take too long, I'd understand why you might not want to since you've already dealt with getting it all done haha but nah it's not too deep. Getting from 1-14 is pretty quick

6. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Yeah for sure, especially now that I know what I’m doing haha. Maybe I’ll try a different class too since it looks like most here are magic users (not sure how much team balance and stuff matters in this game, but I do like mixing it up haha)

7. Fucking Dustin

Balance doesn't matter TOO much until raiding but it does make things a lot smoother haha. I know @Joe4th is going the melee or tank route. But yeah having a few less Black Mages certainly wouldn't hurt

Joe4th and ikanacanyon like this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

I am really flexible though and usually run with people as classes I don't use as much (unless it's like level 60 content) so I won't be red maging with y'all much, I'll probably be doing tank classes or healing

ikanacanyon and Joe4th like this.
  9. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Makes sense. I might look at some of the more melee dps options to see if anything sticks out to me and take it from there since those classes also interest me

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dude, how? It is so much fun.

tucah and electro haikus like this.
  11. Shrek

i’ve spent the better part of three days playing a Final Fantasy MMO and agreeing with Dan is still the most fantastical thing i’ve ever experienced

oldjersey, Joe4th and tucah like this.
  12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

god i forgot how absorbed i get into mmos

oldjersey and electro haikus like this.
  13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

We are the same class too lol

Joe4th, electro haikus and tucah like this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

I'm about 1/4 of the way to level 66 with my Red Mage, ready to be 70 and finally be able to figure out the full rotation

Joe4th likes this.
  15. Shrek

i turned level 20 by turning in the quest that unlocks the airship. clever game, if i had been hit with “welp that’s it now you must buy it” right then and i hadnt already i def would’ve

16. Shrek

on that note cool to see Darth Vader finding work

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  17. Shrek

fuck, my roommate picked a different server. @Fucking Dustin is there any way to get him on ours without paying money? if not we will prob split the $20

18. Fucking Dustin

How far along is he?

There's not a way to do a free transfer but if he's not that far and can just do it again he could always just create a new character on the server you're on

electro haikus likes this.
  19. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Also you can’t switch servers within the first 90 days of starting your character or changing servers (as I found out earlier the hard way)

20. Shrek

that really sucks. so what can we do together on different servers. nothing?

21. Fucking Dustin

Everything that isn't in the overworld

So dungeons, raids, trials, anything that you have to queue for you can do with people on different servers as long as they're all in the same data center (which for us would be Aether)

electro haikus likes this.
  22. Shrek

damn, he’s on Primal. sent a support email and got a canned “no” in minutes. sucks. what in the world stops them from accepting our $18 rn? kinda ridiculous.

23. Fucking Dustin

Damn that sucks, yeah I'm not sure why they have the 90 days after creation rule. The 90 days after a previous change makes perfect sense but after creation it's dumb that they make it an issue

tucah, ikanacanyon and electro haikus like this.
  24. Shrek

i just got off the phone with them playing the role of my roommate. they said they can't do anything because i'm in my "free play" period. i said, sure, but i paid $20 two days ago and have $18 ready to plunk down on a transfer. they said we have to let the rest of the 30 days expire. i asked to talk to a supervisor not because i was upset but because i feel this is a solvable problem and was told there are no supervisors and she was the end of the road. lol.

25. Shrek

i paid $20 but that doesn't count so now i need to pay another $13 before i'm allowed to pay $18. capitalism!