Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy XIV Video Game • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

It happens, in general the community is pretty nice but it's still an MMO and growing in popularity so assholes are definitely out there

Fuck em

Joe4th, Shrek and ikanacanyon like this.
  2. Fucking Dustin

Tried out Summoner a bit today and it is so different than it used to be, jesus hahaha. I have no clue if there's even a sane rotation for it.

3. Close to hitting level 20 and then might call it a day.

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yeah there’s some crappy people but overall it’s a very very welcoming community that try and help all they can. I’ve done multiple dungeons for my first time and have been offered tips and praise during and after each one

Last night we did the Diabolos dungeon fight and died a few times because the healer was confused about the doors. Rather than everyone getting mad, everyone was super supportive and explained it and we did it perfectly the next time around.

Compared to WoW it’s insane how much better I feel playing this MMO even when I’m struggling at times playing.

ikanacanyon, Shrek and Fucking Dustin like this.
  5. Fucking Dustin

When I came back after not playing for a while I got slaughtered over and over again in this one dungeon and the people in it were insanely rude to me about it even though they knew it was my first time running it, and it almost discouraged me but I did my best to ignore it and it was worth it.

I also want everyone to be able to play an expansion upon release because it's the best feeling running a dungeon/raid where no one knows anything and you're all just eating dirt together trying to figure out how the run is supposed to work. So much camaraderie.

Shrek and Joe4th like this.
  6. I've played WoW since launch in 2004 and I never had the balls to tank or heal in the game due to how toxic it is.

I've been in World ~30 raiding guilds and have watched them dissolve due to raid leaders absolutely shitting on healers or the tanks.

Also, just watched a Dark Knight do some ridiculous shit in a low level guildhest

Shrek, Fucking Dustin and Joe4th like this.
  7. Joe4th

Yeah I was super nervous about tanking in this game after how toxic WoW was. But so far it’s been really good.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Not gonna lie I'm still nervous about tanking in this game

9. Joe4th

I feel like I’m doing okay but I know it’s still very early and I still get stressed and nervous doing it so I’m hoping it doesn’t get too bad haha

10. Fucking Dustin

I'm just constantly worried about losing enmity haha but I probably overthink it, especially since the changes to tanks in 5.0

Joe4th likes this.
  11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I feel like I'd really need a complete, 100% grasp of every dungeon/fight to feel comfortable tanking and I'm just not even close to there yet hah. I'm much more comfortable healing right now, feel like I'm generally doing a pretty good job.

Joe4th likes this.
  12. Even though it's slightly irrelevant for me at the moment, what crafting skills are good towards max level? @Fucking Dustin

I know you can level all of them, etc, but I'm so out of touch on crafting in this game.

13. Fucking Dustin

I honestly don't know hahaha. I have my Goldsmith at 80 and I like its value so far, especially since it helps me overmeld my Red Mage and all that alongside its crafting perks.

Out of the cross-skills available I'd say the most useful are Careful Synthesis 2 (level Weaver to 50), Tricks Of The Trade/Comfort Zone (level Alchemist to 50), and Waste Not (level Leatherworker to 15).

Byregots and Steady Hand 2 are now available for all classes so no more leveling Carpenter to 50 or Culinarian to 50 haha.

You don't necessarily HAVE to do those but they're useful.

In terms of profit...it pretty much always fluctuates but Culinarian and Alchemist will be useful forever thanks to raid food/buffs.

14. Fucking Dustin

For your Dragoon I'd at the least level Carpenter and Armorer @slowheart. That way you can self-repair your DRG equipment, overmeld, and make your own stuff too. If you're gonna be interested in high level raiding or any of that stuff.

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

went from 29 to 33 yesterday, hope to be 40 by the end of the weekend

Joe4th likes this.
  16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

holy shit at the final couple cutscenes/MSQs of the patches before HW. just blows away everything in the game beforehand. cannot wait to start HW tonight.

17. Joe4th

I need to stop messing around with the side stuff/dungeons and just get on to MSQs to get to HW

oldjersey and tucah like this.
  18. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Does anyone have experience with contacting support? I emailed them Wednesday around noon and I haven’t heard anything back other than the automated “we received your inquiry!” Email, which also came like a whole day later

19. Fucking Dustin

@oldjersey had to recently

I did when I first bought the game and got a response within like 2 hours but that was also when FFXIV was less massive

20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

@oldjersey

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Call them, they should be open at noon eastern, I had a great experience calling and a terrible one just emailing them.

1 (858) 790-7529

ikanacanyon likes this.
  22. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Ohh this is good to know. I definitely would rather just call than email. Thanks!

23. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Yeah when I realized I was gonna have to contact support I was like great of course this had to happen right after Shadowbringers came out and I’m sure they’re swamped haha

24. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i still hope to party chat tonight but gf is still goin hard on the new Sims 4 expansion so it may be 10 it may be 1 am lol

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Im prob marathoning Queer Eye tonight anyways