Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy XIV Video Game • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

what joe said. i restarted playing at 30 and just mainlined MSQs (and did my daily leveling roulette) and had no issues with leveling until there was a jump where i’m currently at at 46-49 (and the grind to catch back up was small).

Joe4th and Shrek like this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

what is the leveling roulette?

3. Shrek

also there is a Fate consuming the area of my next MSQ point and its chewing me up and spitting me out idk what to do lol its preventing me from progressing

4. Shrek

nvm i figured it out, i gave the AI too much credit. i just walked in, interacted with the thing, then ran lol

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

The bulk of us are on Cactuar on the Aether data center and the goal is for all of us to get there. Should potentially be possible in mid-late july after patches.

The people who arent on Cactuar are on Coeurl right now on the Crystal data center.

But once Aether opens up again any server will work because now we can visit any server on the same data center as our character

slowheart and Joe4th like this.
  6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

45 right now. Looks like that’s where I’ll need to do some leveling though to catch up doing other things

Shrek likes this.
  7. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

My wife will be away next weekend so I’m thinking that might be the perfect time to renew my sub and not leave the couch for 48 hours

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Over the weekend I managed to clear Titania Extreme, still need at max 5 more runs for a new weapon but it's a fun as hell fight

Goldsmith leveling has been expensive but the returns are pretty good

White Mage in Shadowbringers is extremely fun as is Black Mage. Gunbreaker is a blast too. So looking like I'll be leveling the following to 80:
    Tank: Gunbreaker
    Melee DPS: Samurai
    Ranged DPS: Bard
    Caster DPS: Red Mage/Black Mage/Summoner
    Healer: White Mage/Scholar

and leaving the rest at whatever they're at now probably.

Raid stuff is coming out tomorrow I think! Also be sure to check and see if Aether data center is available at all after the patch tomorrow morning @Joe4th @slowheart @GBlades , congested status MIGHT not be lifted but it's still possible that it'd be opened up so if so jump on it

Joe4th likes this.

9. I’m up super late all the time so I’m gonna try to sneak in tonight but if not I will try then!

10. @Fucking Dustin

Two questions

1. What’s the DPS meta look like at max level rn?

2. Did they ever add a fucking Aetheryte in Vesper Bay?

11. Fucking Dustin

1. Here's what it's looking like now:

upload_2019-7-15_17-23-59.png

Black Mage still reigns supreme over everything with Samurai being the new go-to close ranged DPS. (But it's a pretty hard class to play so a lot of teams still have MNK/DRG, difference is pretty negligible.) Bard is TREMENDOUSLY better than it has been the past few releases, Machinist as well. Summoner is still about where it has been since Heavensward, Red Mage puts out pretty low damage but the utility can be worth it (very mobile, and gets free swift raises. I out-DPS Bards I run with). Ninja has been nerfed to all hell and is awful now, and Dancer while bad will likely see increases because their rotation is way too hard to have as low damage as it does.

So close range: SAM>MNK>DRG>>>NIN
    Long range: BLM>MCH>BRD>>RDM>>DNC

If I had to build a static I'd probably build it: GNB, WAR, SAM, DRG, MCH, BLM, WHM, AST

Tanks are all pretty balanced at putting out damage and WHM is the new king of healer damage in Shadowbringers.

2. NOPE and that reminds me, this is a PSA to everyone who is relatively new to the game (I'm sure you already know this):

-Set Limsa Lominsa as home or preferred teleport, and when people ask you to go to Waking Sands, teleport to Limsa > Aetheryte to Arcanists Guild > use boats to go to Vesper Bay

It's quicker and more cost effective than teleporting to Horizon and walking there every time, and I wish someone told me that when I started out hahaha. One of the new areas has a FATE called "Pray Destroy The Waking Sands" and it brings me simultaneous joy and fury every time I see it.

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Finished up the main story of ARR, working on the patch stuff now, about to fight Leviathan. End of ARR was super cool - I will never want to play it again because of all the unskippable cutscenes but the Praetorium was neat and really nailed the final dungeon of a Final Fantasy game feeling. Eager to power through this in between stuff to get to Heavensward. It's kind of interesting seeing how the production values have changed with this current set of quests I'm on, there's a noticeable increase in voice acting quantity and one cutscene I just saw was the most impressive animation in a cutscene I've seen yet. Love the game.

Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  13. Think I’m gonna go Pug into Monk. And maybe eventually samurai this time around.

If I don’t like it then I’ll just go back to dragoon

14. Joe4th

I just finished the main story of ARR as well. Definitely have no desire to do the last dungeon again since cutscenes aren’t skippable but man it was an awesome experience. I felt like our team just steamrolled through it though but it was still a ton of fun

I’m gonna want to buy the new expansion soon so I can switch to gunbreaker at 60 but it’s gonna be a bit since I have to pay like $120 for a Civil infraction for having a single beer at a state park

15. Fucking Dustin

You monster

Joe4th likes this.
  16. Joe4th

I’m so annoyed

There wasn’t a sign but according to DNR it’s common knowledge

My free trial is ending too so that asshole really ruined it for me. I just can’t believe it’s that much money for a ticket. I was just reading Saga and drinking a beer and apparently I’m the worst offender on the beach that day

17. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

So excited to get back into it this weekend. Hopefully I don’t have too much of ARR to finish up so I can get into Heavensward

18. Fucking Dustin

All Aether worlds are open for character creation/transfer except for Cactuar and Midgarsomr. So if new people want they can jump the gun and try and get on a different Aether world (we can visit cross-world and form parties cross-world so we can still play together) or they can hold out and wait for Cactuar to be opened up.

19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Still working my way through post-ARR/pre-HW stuff (finished the third batch of quests) but took a bit of time when I got home to go through Crystal Tower. Some really phenomenal fanservice bosses, the Tower itself was gorgeous and the story was pretty interesting, loved it. Plus I got two extremely over the top robes for later glamor bait and two adorable minions.

Joe4th likes this.
  20. Gonna start this weekend I think.

Honestly think I would’ve started by now if I didn’t have flashbacks to that awful awful grind post ARR up to HW.

That has to likely be one of the worst grinds in any MMO that I’ve played
    (Square seems to agree since I’ve read there’s a funny reference to it in the newest expansion)

21. ELEVEN BUCKS TO SKIP THE ARR QUESTLINE?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

22. Fucking Dustin

New normal raids are wild

Goldsmith is up to 80 WOO time to make all my money back

Joe4th likes this.
  23. Shrek

considering using a sick day to stay home and play this tomorrow.

24. Shrek

better yet im gonna leave work now and also call in tomorrow. god bless union benefits.

25. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Went to go reactivate my account and it Asked for the one time code. So I redownloaded the app for that since I got a new phone, and then it prompted me to input a password generated from the website, which I can’t get to because I don’t have the code. So now I’m waiting on customer service. I don’t see why they can’t just text or email you the code like how most other websites do