Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy XIV Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Added! If you have Complete Edition, that covers you up to Stormblood so even if you're not at that part yet you have access to Stormblood.

ikanacanyon likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Installing the game during the Eagle game, gonna play tonight

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

prob jumping on within the hour

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

I’ll be on after Eagles-Falcons and after dinner

5. Shrek

it is way too easy for me to just throw 4 hours at this

ikanacanyon likes this.
  6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

about to start a new character and paralyzed with choice at the class even though i know it's easy to start up new classes oh no

7. Fucking Dustin

What kind of stuff do you wanna be able to do? Close combat or range? What General role? I can help advise you

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i honestly keep changing my mind every three seconds but i'm thinking tank, maybe paladin at the moment?

9. Fucking Dustin

I like Paladin a lot, it’s pretty good. 25-40 is kinda rough but once you hit level 40 it’s smooth sailing

tucah likes this.
  10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

how is soloing as the various healer classes? i love healing in WoW but always worry that it's going to be rough to solo story content.

11. Fucking Dustin

It’s very very fun, I started out as a conjurer/white mage and handled it really well.

Another option is starting as an Arcanist, because that becomes both a DPS job (Summoner) and a healing job (Scholar) and they level together so you could do quests as a Summoner and runs as a Scholar if you want

tucah likes this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Honestly starting out as a healer was good for me and is my rec, you get really fast queues meaning faster progression and you don’t have to lead the show as a tank while not knowing the dungeons yet

tucah likes this.
  13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

yep, honestly my only concern was that it wouldn't be fun to do content by myself. gonna go conjurer/white mage.

14. Fucking Dustin

Later on WHM becomes REALLY strong offensively if used right

tucah likes this.
  15. Shrek

up to lvl 18 now and just took up goldsmithing. def need to coordinate some party play (and i also need to stop getting burned out by playing all day)

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i am a fan of my super anime emo elf healer boy, magic feels good. got to level, uh, 7? today, off tomorrow so gonna play a lot hopefully.

18. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Got up to level 14 over the weekend and having so much fun so far.

19. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Now for all the questions I’ve thought of so far lol

When’s a good time to look into other classes/jobs? I’m having fun with thaumaturgy so far but am definitely interested in trying something physical too (maybe some sort of tank or melee dps) but I don’t know if I’d be doing it too early at this point

How do I change worlds? I saw that most of you in here are in Cactuar but I’m in Goblin so I figured I’d switch to Cactuar when I can

In terms of companies are there any that try to like auto-recruit you? I’ve gotten like five requests from someone named Lady Ivanka but have been putting off accepting or anything til I have a better idea of what I’m doing haha

20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Gonna throw on another question: as a (future) white mage, what crafting profession should i be going for? are they worth leveling up?

21. Shrek

I just ran around and accepted every guild for the easy initial quest xp lol but I’ve yet to actually do anything other than Thaumaturgy

tucah likes this.
  22. Fucking Dustin

- I recommend getting Thaumaturge to level 30 and getting Archer to level 15. Once this is done, you'll unlock the Black Mage job. At that point is a good point to test other classes if you'd like, but keep in mind you'll get more of an exp boost the higher your main class's level is. I think 30 is a good point to start looking at other classes.

-If you log into Mog Station at this link: FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station -ファイナルファンタジーXIV: モグステーション- you can get a transfer to another world. I don't remember how much it costs but it's not too expensive. We can still run stuff together such as dungeons/raids/trials/etc as long as we're all under the Aether data center, but yeah as far as overworld stuff we'd definitely wanna be in the same world.

If that link doesn't work you can go to na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone and find the link to "Mog Station"

-Yeah some Free Companies will just send spam to everyone listed without a company hahaha it's annoying. If you'd like I believe there's an option to not accept requests but I could be wrong.

BTW anyone is invited to the FC I'm in, it's very relaxed, we have nice stuff, and you won't get harassed by spam anymore. When I get more gil I'll probably be starting one that's just for us.

ikanacanyon likes this.
  23. Fucking Dustin

Weaver and carpenter are the best crafters for white mages I do believe. Weaver makes a majority of the gear while carpenter makes a majority of the weapons. They CAN be good to level up but I mean it's pretty easy to get gear too so it's not a necessity. It can be useful though and can be a good way of making gil

24. Fucking Dustin

Gonna update the OP in a bit to add everyone's info

Ran a couple dungeons with @oldjersey last night and he's almost level 50 now WOO

oldjersey likes this.
  25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

so the mmo standard "don't really need it, but do it if you want to," got it, thanks.