Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Fantasy XIV Video Game • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Stormblood has the best main quests by far IMO, late ARR was okay but Stormblood was much better

Also lemme know if you want help with finding aether currents, I have a 2 seat flying mount so I can fly people around to currents and save time haha

2. Fucking Dustin

Almost got my BLM to 70 then my armory chest will be SO cut down haha

Next up: Paladin and Samurai

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Do this @slowheart it is the biggest time saver ever.

4. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

I gotta get back to this. I’ve been so busy this past month

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  5. Fucking Dustin

Just beat my first Stormblood raid woo

6. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Been getting back in the swing of this lately! Forgot how much I missed it haha

lightning and oldjersey like this.
  7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

there is a very good chance i pick this back up tonight or tomorrow. super burned out on the games i have and don't have the dollars to spend on a new one lol

lightning and oldjersey like this.
  8. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

I forgot how much I really like the community of this game. I was in a party that got wiped a couple times and no one got tilted or anything. Everyone was just super supportive the whole time

9. Fucking Dustin

Yeah like there are negative people/groups out there but not nearly at the level of other MMOs

lightning and ikanacanyon like this.
  10. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

What’s the best way to upgrade your armor? For the most part I’ve just been using what I’ve been getting on quests/in dungeons, but is using the board worth it? It felt overwhelming at first but I feel like I’m not getting many armor/weapon upgrades lately

11. Fucking Dustin

I’ll post stuff on upgrading gear in a bit

ikanacanyon likes this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dustin actually runs the wiki page for FF XIV

13. Fucking Dustin

At level 40 your best bet probably is dungeons. If you can get gear for low gil on the market boards (like 10k or less gil) then might as well, but I wouldn't overpay for gear you're gonna run through quickly

However if you need gear made by a carpenter/goldsmith/weaver/alchemist let me know and I will make some for you, unfortunately WAR uses mostly blacksmith/armorer which are my lowest crafters haha

ikanacanyon likes this.
  14. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Hahah nice thanks. Yeah I started smithing/armoring at some point before my break and just remembered about that so maybe one of these nights I can spend some time leveling that up

But good to know re: the market boards/dungeons. At what point would you say you stop burning quickly through equipment? I see people in some sick gear and get jealous haha

15. Fucking Dustin

Mostly at level 70 hahaha but at 50 you can get your item level up to 130, which can hold you over until about 55 I believe

There's a similar situation at level 60 as well

ikanacanyon likes this.
  16. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Nice I’m getting there then hahah

17. Fucking Dustin

For the 130 stuff you'd need either:
    1. Allagan Tomestones of Poetics (you'll get these from level 50 dungeons)
    or 2. to do Final Coil of Bahamut (A Realm Reborn raid content that is very fun)

ikanacanyon likes this.
  18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

What level are you at?

ikanacanyon likes this.
  19. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

More than halfway through 40 at the moment. Trying to balance storyline things (which I’m like 5 levels overleveled for atm) and doing duty roulette (which always works out positively for me because the role in need is always tank haha)

oldjersey likes this.
  20. Fucking Dustin

I'd blitz through story at this point, if you're that overleveled you'll unlock more that can help you and get closer to 50 where you'll have instant queues for mandatory dungeons

ikanacanyon likes this.
  21. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Nice I’ll definitely start focusing on that then!

22. Fucking Dustin

A 5 level lead on the story should be plenty, considering there's gonna be a ton of Level 50 quests where you'll start to jump past 50 too

ikanacanyon likes this.
  23. Fucking Dustin

Also I can make you a cool looking axe for level 50 hahaha, it's only ilvl 95 but it can help

ikanacanyon likes this.
  24. Fucking Dustin

Fuck it I'ma play some this weekend

ikanacanyon likes this.
  25. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

I’m interested for sure!