1. We've launched a new merch store featuring the Chorus.fm and AbsolutePunk.net logo on a variety of t-shirts, hoodies, and other items. Check it out now at Threadless.
    Dismiss Notice

Film Photography • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by screamoutmyname, Apr 5, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

6 Best 35mm Film Cameras For Beginners

i personally started out with the canon ae 1 program and i still love it. i've used three of the cameras on the list and know they're great so i think you can't go wrong with any of them. highly recommend the canon though

coleslawed and primavera like this.
  2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

thank you!

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  3. sean_rugy

often but not always Supporter

My podcast walks have become so much more interesting.

AEF9BB24-3827-45C1-BF8C-5154EB086B27.jpeg

213F2D89-64AC-48C4-B656-BDE8CB6D79CA.jpeg

1F2FB082-02EA-4D26-9458-2B369EF84057.jpeg

4. sean_rugy

Found an Olympus Stylus Epic in PERFECT condition while I was on vacation in upstate NY last week for $5, excited to have a simple point and shoot now. Started an instagram if anyone wants to follow along as I learn this shit.

Sean Rugenstein (@sr.film) • Instagram photos and videos

5. coleslawed Aug 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 26, 2018)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

just got four rolls of film scans back from Indie Film Lab, one of which was my first roll of B&W since college. a good amount of those turned out wonderful, but I also did some "experimental" action ones at night that didn't turn out as nice. here are a few highlights straight off the scanner bed.

the North Shore of Lake Superior last February (Super Bowl weekend, actually).
    000078380003.jpg
    000078380005.jpg
    000078380009.jpg
    first day out wakesurfing early this summer
    000078380029.jpg
    000078380031.jpg
    000078380038.jpg

6. I Am Mick

I AM GRAVE BUG Prestigious

Been pretty disappointing with what I've got back from my local camera shop in terms of their developing and scans (weird color distortions, inaccurate scans). Just tried TheDarkroom.com for the first time and super happy with their quality. First time shooting 3200 iso film, some shots came out SUPER grainy but gona kind of dig it. Gona try shooting at a lower iso and pushing it next time.

I have an instagram that I occasionally post some film photography, though it's mostly drawings @gravebug

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CarpetElf, coleslawed and sean_rugy like this.
  7. paolalormar Jan 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2019)
    paolalormar

8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

USPS lost 4 rolls of film I had sent in to be processed, 6 months worth of photos, and it makes me want to cry every time I think about it. I can’t imagine what someone would do if those had been images for clients.

9. sean_rugy

that's brutal, I'm sorry. where do you send your film too? that would be a huge fear of mine. I'm incredibly lucky to have a place within walking distance of me.

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I send in to Indie Film Lab, have just always loved how they process stuff. I could do it locally, too, just preferred their service. cheaper prices for processing + scanning, but paying for shipping probably does nullify that bit.

11. I Am Mick

I AM GRAVE BUG Prestigious

That sucks so hard, sorry. I also prefer to ship mine out, mostly because my local place consistently fucks me over. Last time I used them I dropped three rolls for develop and scan, they only partially scanned two of the rolls and they had massive scan lines. Never again. I’d rather pay an extra $5 and use The Darkroom.