Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fightstar Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

Grand Unification's still the one for me but I really like ODS too. They're easily the two best.

Nick and Leftandleaving like this.
  2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

is fight star still together rn or are they on hiatus?

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Like if I had to put a number on them, ODS would be 0.1 better than GU. Be Human has massive highs and even bigger lows. BtDB is rushed and middling throughout.

JM95 likes this.
  4. Cal Lewis

Palahniuk’s Laughter

For any fellow FS fans out there. Just finished this post on my blog. Loved this band for a long time and wanted to do a write-up on their career. Appreciate anyone who takes the time read!

5. jackyjackyjack

Regular

I had no idea this thread existed, and to be honest I hadn't listened to Fightstar in probably 9/10 years but I have just listened to Behind The Devil's Back and oh my god, I've been blown away. How did I miss this? Very rare that heavy music sends shivers down my spine but that ending to Dive...oh my god it's insane. The whole album front to back is epic.

Also I've just read about three pages saying how awful More Human than Human is, and I've got to say it's one of my favourite songs ha ha ha. I like how they subtly brought some of the Gunship vibes in generally over the course of the album

6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

more human than human is AMAZING i have always said this

behind the devil’s back is my fave after grand unification

beachdude likes this.
  7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah, it’s always really surprised me that a lot of this thread doesn’t seem to be into that album much. Some days it’s my favorite by them.

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Its probably tied with Be Human for third place for me. Still one of the best albums of the last decade. This band just makes perfect music.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

it's my least favourite. but I like it a lot more now than I did at release.

10. Tomozaurus

Regular

I can't beleive it has now been as long since Behind the Devil's Back and it was between that album and Be Human. I don't know if it is just me, but that album gap felt like an eternity, but BTDB still feels like it came out yesterday.

11. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

upload_2022-3-21_11-19-45.png

12. SpyKi

I wish but they're all busy doing other shit at the moment. maybe next year? Charlie did a podcast with Omar last year and they both seemed pretty excited about doing more at some point.

solxace and Thrillcollinz like this.
  13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah, I would definitely like new music from these guys. Their last album rollout felt quite rushed as Charlie geared up for his return to Busted.

14. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

or a vinyl release of grand unification/re-release of behind the devil's back.

15. JM95

Trusted

Definitely Charlie

Phantoms, Crisp X and SpyKi like this.
  16. jackyjackyjack

Regular

I can spot that voice a mile away. He could prob win the whole show if he does good song choices going forward

SpyKi likes this.
  17. JM95

Trusted

It's just funny that he'd do a show like that now. Ten years ago he'd never have done it.

Not a criticism; I think he's probably got over a lot of the young insecurity about how he's perceived. It's just funny to see that change.

Phantoms, SpyKi and Nick like this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Fucking hell I thought they were back :tear:

19. jackyjackyjack

Regular

I can't believe this year will be 8 years since that last album! I know Charlie released a solo album last year, Busted haven't done anything for a while so would be as good a time as any

20. JM95

Trusted

My apologies.

I'm sceptical as to whether they'll ever come back.

Phantoms, Immortal1001 and Nick like this.
  21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah I think the same to be honest. But god, I’d love just one more. BtDB has grown on me a ton since it released but I’d love another.

Immortal1001 and SpyKi like this.
  22. SpyKi

I think they will eventually, they're all still good friends and seem to still love the band. Just need the right time.

Gunship have just finished their third album so maybe after that? Whenever it comes I'll be ready.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I guess my view is do they still want to make Fightstar style music, I’m not entirely sure. But I guess they got the “heavy” album out of the way with BtDB. I’d love a more experimental album similar to their sound on like Unfamiliar Ceilings, Mercury Summer, Tonight We Burn.

24. SpyKi

I feel like they definitely do, it's just probably not going to be their most successful venture financially which is probably their main focus right now while they all have kids.

25. JM95

Trusted

Remember the time Dan or Al (I think it was the latter) claimed on the Gunship Twitter account that Busted had ripped off their name font on that Night Driver album? I did wonder if there was a bit of a disagreement between Al and Charlie for a while and that maybe pushed the possibility of a Fightstar reunion back for a bit. Eight years is a long time to do nothing.