Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fightstar Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

Caught myself watching the Be Human studio diaries today. Insane to believe that was almost ten years ago.

SpyKi likes this.
  2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I am desperate for a good new Fightstar album. Was let down by their last.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm desperate for any new Fightstar. New album, some live shows, anything. I think it'll be a while though since Busted have an album coming out in Feb.

beachdude likes this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

Got a reminder today that it's been four years since their comeback gig.

Expect the Grand Re-re-unification shows in a few years time.

GEM37 and beachdude like this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Wait, can someone explain to me what Fightstar has to do with Blade Runner lol? I’m a HUGE Blade Runner fan but a casual fan of Fightstar... I feel like I’m missing something. I know this was discussed over a year ago lol, my bad.

6. JM95

Trusted

There are a fair few Blade Runner references in their music. Just for song titles you've got Tannhauser Gate, Lost Like Tears In The Rain, More Human Than Human and probably a few more that I can't think of right now.

I seem to remember them specifically mentioning it a lot when Be Human was coming out. And I'm sure they've used something from the soundtrack as intro music on one or more of their tours.

beachdude likes this.
  7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Tannhauser Gate, Lost like Tears in Rain, and a bunch of other small references.

Their first two albums are basically all Blade Runner and Neon Genesis Evangelion

beachdude likes this.
  8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Interesting! I knew Neon Genesis Evangelion was a big influence on the first album, but hadn't made the Blade Runner connection. Like I said, I'm a pretty casual fan lol. That's super cool.

JamesMichael likes this.
  9. JM95

Trusted

Omar is in the Argos Christmas advert

SpyKi likes this.
  10. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Any news on a potential album?

11. yocoxy

Hoping for either new Fightstar or a Charlie solo album, his last 2 albums were both Busted which is my least favourite of his projects

12. JM95

Trusted

To be honest, I'd rather Gunship finally went on tour.

13. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

“Sink With the Snakes” came on shuffle today and man, I miss this band.

beachdude and SpyKi like this.
  14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So uh is there any reason that Unfamiliar Ceilings is called Unfamiliar Feelings on Spotify??

15. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Not for me?
    Untitled.png

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

17. SpyKi

lolimdyingfornewfightstarmusic

JamesMichael likes this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I thought it was a new version of that song I hadn't heard before and instantly went into "OMG NEW FIGHTSTAR" for a moment.

SpyKi likes this.
  19. JM95

Trusted

I get the impression Charlie would do solo stuff before bringing back Fightstar.

20. SpyKi

Yeah I think that's what he's doing next which I'm definitely excited for but damn I hope it's not too long until Fightstar make more music.

21. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

New Fightstar is always welcome.

Did Busted’s last album do well or flop?

22. JM95

Trusted

Listening to ODS. Still some really cool stuff on that record. The transition into Deathcar is so good.

That album does lose its way for a bit in the second half.

23. SpyKi

I think the Amaze Us and HIP are the two worst on there but they're still pretty great, then it ends with probably the best three song run on the album.

Tomozaurus likes this.
  24. JM95

Trusted

I think Amaze Us is ok but not that impressive either. HIP is shit. Very surprised it wasn't cut.

Luckily Tannhauser Gate is an absolute banger.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

ODS is their best.